Page 32 of 160 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    lightgun rail shooter.
    I miss these :[

Thanks to LCD screens, all rail shooters make use of sensor bars and on-screen cursors don't they? I miss old school Time Crisis and games like House of the Dead 3. Now it's just like playing the Wii with a giant Wiimote.

Also light gun games for the PS1. Call me a weirdo, but I think Resident Evil: Survivor had a lot of potential by combining the light gun and 3D first person movement.

Weasyl
    Shark Bones
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    This is pretty much the same reason why I haven't bought Skullgirls yet.

I'm no fighting game player. I used to get my ass handed to me in Tekken 2. Against the AI.
    I love playing fighting games, but they require precision and reactions that online play tends to ruin.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I miss these :[

Thanks to LCD screens, all rail shooters make use of sensor bars and on-screen cursors don't they? I miss old school Time Crisis and games like House of the Dead 3. Now it's just like playing the Wii with a giant Wiimote.

Also light gun games for the PS1. Call me a weirdo, but I think Resident Evil: Survivor had a lot of potential by combining the light gun and 3D first person movement.
    Ever play any of the games that used the super scope on the SNES?

Batteries were always going dead on me, although I don't know if it just sucked up energy like crazy, or if I played with it that much.

Honestly doesn't feel any different between using a light gun and something that needs a sensor of some sort.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Monster Tamer Billy
    And now I feel like coming back to the TF2 scene, damn! XD Online fails always do this to me

Lost it on 18:27 XDD

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    pinardilla
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    It is almost disappointing how you can fail 40+ times before finally cheesing Kintaro to death, and then Shao Kahn is a complete joke.

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave

Weasyl
    Clove Darkwave
    I don't get the argument of Quicksaves "reducing challenge". That's a load of horseshit, if I killed a wave of 200 enemies flawlessly without a single error you're damn right I am going to quicksave afterwards.

If you killed the enemies, then you killed them. You made the jump. You avoided the deathtrap. It doesn't matter how many seconds came before, what matters is that crucial moment of correct input.

Quicksaves have their downfalls. Anyone who has quicksaved before being killed by an offscreen enemy knows what I am talking about.

I distinctly remember an Oblivion save I ruined because of eating a poison apple right before an Autosave by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Rilvor View Post
    I don't get the argument of Quicksaves "reducing challenge". That's a load of horseshit, if I killed a wave of 200 enemies flawlessly without a single error you're damn right I am going to quicksave afterwards.

If you killed the enemies, then you killed them. You made the jump. You avoided the deathtrap. It doesn't matter how many seconds came before, what matters is that crucial moment of correct input.

Quicksaves have their downfalls. Anyone who has quicksaved before being killed by an offscreen enemy knows what I am talking about.

I distinctly remember an Oblivion save I ruined because of eating a poison apple right before an Autosave by accident.
    I ruined a save by not quicksaving. Fallout 3 autosaved right before I got hit by a rocket. So whenever I loaded my character, it would die within half a second. Thanks to some fancy console cheats like Godmode, I could resume playing.