Thread: Crash & Burn

Weasyl
    Demu

Crash & Burn

All of us begin driving at some point. Unfortunately I'm pretty late to the party at 22. My girlfriend (Wren) and I purchased a scooter from a local retailer and we've been super happy having a means of transport. We can't wait to get a second one.

Well, yesterday I experienced my first crash & burn. I say "crash & burn" because I did both last night. Painfully. After talking a bit with Wren, I decided to go pick up some snacks and energy drinks for us BECAUSE WE ARE NOCTURNAL AND THRIVE ON DARKNESS, SNACKS, & ENERGY.

When I reached my destination I made an accidental wide turn into the driveway of 7-11 that led into the parking lot next to the gas pumps. unfortunately, my wide turn and the steep driveway didn't quite mix well. The wheels of the scooter swept up from below me and WOOSH there I went off the scooter. Thankfully I learned how to roll when falling off any sort of bike when I was young! I rolled three times before skidding against my left arm and face, leaving some pretty harsh road burn that still stings as I write this. The person driving 3 seconds behind me simply drove past and the woman at the gas pump just kind of stared at me not saying a thing. But I'm used to people not helping so I just got up, parked the scooter, and went into 7-11 with a bloody arm and face.

I got my energy drinks and went to the cashier who immediately asked "WHOA MAN WHAT HAPPENED?" to which I answered in a hesitant, stuttery voice, "Fell. Off scooter. Need energy drinks. Successful trip."

"Well that ain't good." He said, before I paid and went on my way back home, making it safely there with no issues at all EXCEPT THE STINGING WOUNDS OF BATTLE FROM 40MPH WINDS.

Today, I'm pretty sore all over especially along my upper arms. My knees are pretty beat up too, but I have a history of hurting my knees somehow.

The moral of this story is do not make wide turns into steep driveways or you will regret it.

Now, have any of you experienced any more interesting crash & burns? What was your first crash like? Were you okay? Was the crash severe? Was it your fault? I wanna hear your stories!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I crashed into a greenhouse and the whole thing came down on top of me, with many many large shards of glass.

I was like 5 years old at the time, and it was a little go-kart.

Weasyl
    Demu
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I crashed into a greenhouse and the whole thing came down on top of me, with many many large shards of glass.

I was like 5 years old at the time, and it was a little go-kart.
    THE MOST CONCISE AND DEPRESSING STORY EVER.

Did you need stitches or anything? I figure huge shards of glass would have shredded you apart.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Demu View Post
    THE MOST CONCISE AND DEPRESSING STORY EVER.

Did you need stitches or anything? I figure huge shards of glass would have shredded you apart.
    Lolno, I was actually pretty safe. It was some shed-build thing with some kind of top on it. It was like a thick-ish plastic window thing. Some did get in, but I was fine. Banged up a bit, though. :c

Weasyl
    Tiger
    A looong time ago I was riding my bike around my cul-de-sac (sp?) pretty fast and hit a bump (rock or something). I went flying straight forward, headfirst into a tree. Thank god I had a helmet on because it took the hit for me, I coulda been in a baaad situation without it. But one of the handlebars jammed into my right side knocked the breath outta me. I went to the hospital, thankfully I had no internal injuries, but I had a massive bruise on my side where the handlebar got me; took a long time to fully dissipate. Hurt like a f'er, too.

WEAR HELMETS, KIDS.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Nope, I've never had any accidents. Am I a boring kid :c?

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze
    Well if bikes count, I've had awesome flying faceplants off curbs at least three times, and they call them "blades of grass" for a reason. Looks like I scraped my hands on green concrete.

For my car, I take super-special-extra care of Zoku. (yes I named my car, go away.) So knock on wood, nothing aside from some dings!

Weasyl
    Brace
    I've only slid out on my motorcycle once. The tires were bald and I went through a puddle before going into a turn. Skinned my knee a bit. It definitely left a psychological mark for a while.