Don't usually post these, but hey.

I'm also new here, I was a long time DA and SheezyArt member and have been uploading things on tumblr until a friend introduced me to this site.

I've been looking for somewhere new to upload my stuff so I hope this is it! :3

I've been avoiding uploading my art anywhere else but tumblr for paranoia reasons but when my friend joined I decided to join too, I guess I was just apprehensive of doing it alone since it's a whole new site with a new community.

I'm a full time computer nerd.

... and art nerd and video game nerd and... other types of nerd. o_O;
    Last edited by Archidae; 03-07-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Greetings, fellow nerd! -adjusts glasses-

Welcome to Wazzyl! It's a magical place!

Weasyl
    JRWenzel
    Hi Archidae!
                
      Welcome to Weasyl!  ☀
                

Weasyl
    N/A
    Welcome to Weasyl, Archidae!

Tumblr's a good way to get your art out there, although for me personally, it was mostly fan-art that got attention. Here though, all art is accepted & recognized! I glanced at your journal post and saw that you were looking for people to comment & help you out with critique. You'll be happy to know Weasyl's very good with both these! I recommend going and making a sketchbook thread to showcase your WIP's. As for critique, there's a section just for that, as well you can label works on the main site for critique too (however, I find more people will help here on the forums).

Ah yes, the nerd life. Livin' and lovin' it~

MAGICALNESS.

Yeah it is a good way to get art out there but since I draw basically no fanart I basically get nothing. I will have to try out the sketchbook thread and such. I'm not quite used to bothering people for critique when they don't want to give it because it mostly makes me feel pushy. As if I am shoving my work in their face and telling them to look at it. Then again, it seems like with most people you have to pull teeth to get anything out of them when it comes to artwork.

I'll have to look in the critique section too. I am not a big forum person, I usually forget it's here at all. I don't have a facebook (on top of thinking facebook is a waste of my time) for that reason.

NERDS NERDS NERDS NERDS. :3

Thanks for the welcomes! I really hope I feel more welcome here than other sites I've tried.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Well that's the magical thing with the sketchbooks - because that's all it is. It's just a sort of digital sketchbook where you put your draws. Only it's sort of on display for everyone to see, or something...
    So, yeah. You can put anything you want in there, and people are choosing to come on in and admire, critique, and help out with your draws. And you can do the same for others!
    Artists helping artists, nerds for nerds, and all that.

You should check Art General out. Normally some neat stuff going down there! It also harbors this handy thread.

:3 I'll have to look in to those. <3

Thanks.

Weasyl
    Moowa
    Welcome! I'm new too and I already really like it here.
    I haven't even uploaded any art work yet but the community is pretty fun!

The community is really nice. I really like it. I haven't uploaded any art either but I have one in the works. :3
    Welcome to you too.