Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Hi!

Weasyl
    Asukari

Hi!

Hello, (potential new) friends~ ;P

I'm Asu! I'm a 20-year-old Veterinary Assistant and full-time college student. In my spare time, I constantly doodle animals (doggies especially). I currently reside at home with my parents and younger siblings. My household also has a menagerie of animals - currently at 5 dogs, 3 cats, and 2 corn snakes.

I migrated over from dA. It was fun, and I have a lot of good memories there. But now I hope to start over....To begin a new chapter of my art life here on Weasyl. <3

My Weasyl profile is currently empty, but expect some art soon! I'm super stoked to share my art with everyone on Weasyl. I'm also very happy to meet new people and, hopefully, make some cool internet friends! Please feel free to shoot me a message and say hi! c:

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Hey Asu, welcome to Weasyl. I wish you well on your career path working with animals, I used to be an exotic animal trainer/researcher but I sort of stumbled on my path for the time being. I originally wanted to be a vet, but I figured out I couldn't take the emotional toll, it would've been too much over the years. It takes a lot of strength to work in those environments, so good on you. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to let any of us know.

Weasyl
    Asukari
    Thank you, Rory!

I agree - the veterinary field isn't for everyone, despite their love of animals. Although it does have benefits, it's not an easy job. It takes a large emotional and physical toll on many people in the field. I think the most important thing to think about is that you're trying to helping the animals (and their owners). And even if you can't save them all (which tends to be the emotional deal breaker for most people), you can at least make their passing much more comfortable. I really do hope to continue on in the field. My recent certification as a Vet Assistant will hopefully get my foot in the door when I apply to a 4-year uni and vet school in the near future.

And thank you again! I definitely will!

Hi Asu, I'm Li! Gah, I can't help but have all the respect for you man, that job truly does have its pros and cons, but you're getting to work with animals which I think is great~ You're a strong trooper I'm sure! Also you have so many pets, that's super cool! What's your favorite dog if you don't mind me asking? :3

Weasyl
    Asukari
    Hi Li! And hmmm...that's a toughie. It's so hard to choose! I've really become quite fond of corgis over the years - hence, my ID photo of my dog 'sona. It started with an obsession over Pembrokes and now I've fallen hard for the Cardigans as well. I want like three of each when I eventually get my own house!
    However, I'm also deeply in love with American Pit Bull Terriers - two of my five dogs are actually pitties! They're such a misunderstood breed which really breaks my heart because I know a majority of them are such sweethearts and the biggest goofballs.

I really do love dogs. But I have discovered that deep down, and with age, I'm turning into a cat person. ;P