Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Kaliaen
    @Archidae: Online drawing sessions sound fun; I've actually never done one of those. I've hosted a few livestreams, but usually no one showed up; haha! I'll have to try a drawing session some time instead! What exactly is hamachi? I looked it up, but Wikipedia has failed me and gave me an overly-technical explanation. haha!
    It sounds like working with other people is a really great way to learn; I'll definitely have to try arranging to do so with some of my friends!

@Sammacha: Thanks so much for the feedback, I'll definitely use it in my next practice. I'll do my best to incorporate more shapes into them as well!

It really is fun. Sometimes it gets so silly I have to put down my tablet pen and stop to laugh because I just can't keep going with drawing. Things get so crazy sometimes but I've pulled out a lot of good collabs with my friends from Open Canvas network sessions.

Hamachi is called LogMeIn Hamachi. It's a networking program that's used mainly in games like Minecraft, Terraria and other such games but with OpenCavanas 1.1 you can connect to each other through OpenCanvas and draw together in real time; if you minimize you'll have to let the data catch up and load whatever the other person has drawn while it was minimized. It's a very old version of OpenCanvas so you need to be patient with it but it's worth it in the long run and it's WAY better than any live drawing which is offered on any of those websites which allow real time drawing.

Hamachi basically gives you a unique "hamachi" IP, you can connect with another persons computer. You create a network, give it a name and a password if you want it secured or you join one which is as simple as putting in the name of the network name of someone else and the password they chose. Though it does connect your computer to another persons, it is entirely safe; I keep it on all the time. You can turn your networks offline when you're not using them so you don't actually need to close hamachi for any reason because it isn't dangerous, I've never had any problems with it or heard of anyone getting viruses from it either. I turn off my networks when I'm not drawing or playing a game with anyone.

It's not very complicated to use at all.
    Inactive account

no problem, but it will make your like easier later, it can be a bit frustrating in the beginning.

hamachi is only an issue if the person on the other end is a jerk :/
    its really great for many may things, its a private network for your personal use basically

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

-Leg positions and perspectives
    -Arm positions and perspectives
    -Foreshortening practice
    -Varying pose art
    -Different body types (short/stout, tall/lean, tall/thin, short/thin, muscular, slender. Both men and women).
    Inactive account

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Well mostly they don't look finished, and the colors don't have very good unity in some cases particularly the bottom. (I think you've probably addressed that since then, cause other more recentness things you have shared don't hurt my eyes with the colors, it could also just be that right now my eyes are a bit light sensitive though?)

The first two have some really nice starts of texturing going on and such.

I'm not going to comment on anatomy and things, because these are from a year ago, and I don't think critiquing such things would really be of much use to you, cause like I said you've already improved your art noticeably from these to now.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Kaliaen