Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I really love the bright colors you've got going.

And it looks like you're pretty good at drawing not profiles! So I'm glad you're drawing more.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Weasyl
    N/A

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Oooh, I really love your dinosaur and reptile designs! Ko... I think he's the one with the skull face. He's really interesting to look at! I love his design and colors. His face is the most interesting of all.

Your hand holding flashlight practice is really good for quicky sketches, I like the way they look. They're sketch but you got pretty accurate hand anatomy there.

What has helped me improve the most? Doodling with friends and from life. The more you look at life, the more you notice how things work, move and look. You see perspective from every angle in life. But I find the thing that helps me improve the things I usually focus on is drawing with other people which I do on a regular basis. Seeing how someone else draws a form and watching them amidst their progress to see how they do it. Then you can try their method for yourself. I've developed new methods I would never have thought of if I hadn't drawn with my friends Crow and Renon. :3

What about you?
    Inactive account

Weasyl
    Kaliaen
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidae View Post
    Oooh, I really love your dinosaur and reptile designs! Ko... I think he's the one with the skull face. He's really interesting to look at! I love his design and colors. His face is the most interesting of all.

Your hand holding flashlight practice is really good for quicky sketches, I like the way they look. They're sketch but you got pretty accurate hand anatomy there.

What has helped me improve the most? Doodling with friends and from life. The more you look at life, the more you notice how things work, move and look. You see perspective from every angle in life. But I find the thing that helps me improve the things I usually focus on is drawing with other people which I do on a regular basis. Seeing how someone else draws a form and watching them amidst their progress to see how they do it. Then you can try their method for yourself. I've developed new methods I would never have thought of if I hadn't drawn with my friends Crow and Renon. :3

What about you?
    Thanks, I'm really glad you find them interesting! And yep, Ko is the one with the skull face.

I'm really glad to hear the hand anatomy is accurate; I have a really hard time with it- fingers are such a pain to draw, especially when you have skinny fingers like mine!

That sounds like a really great way to improve; it must be amazing to go out and draw with a group of friends! Maybe I'll try and convince some of my fellow students to go out drawing with me sometime(you'd be surprised how reluctant some art students can be to work on art that isn't schoolwork...). Getting the perspective of other artists sounds invaluable. Where/what do you and your friends usually draw? Do you go out and draw in public places to see the world go by, or do you usually prefer to stay close to home for it?

Hm, for me I'd say looking at other people's artwork has helped me the most so far. Seeing the decisions they make, how they choose to depict different subject matter, is really useful for me personally. As useful as it though, I bet once I do more life drawing I'll change my mind, haha!

It really depends on my mood at the time, usually I prefer the comfort of my home. It's been a long while since I've gone out to draw with anyone because I don't know anyone who lives right near me who is an artist these days. So for a long while I have been relying on online drawing sessions through open canvas 1.1 and the use of hamachi to connect to my friends and draw over the internet digitally in real time. It's really fun and interactive.

Seeing the way other artists draw is actually very useful. I have found easier ways to draw the human body than I ever thought possible, even learned to draw dragon faces pretty well (which I don't do often enough). Watching someone as they draw is definitely invaluable because it helps to know where they start and how they build off their form.

For in person drawing I used to go to parks with a small group of friends, we'd all sit around an object and draw it from the angle we had. Or one of use would sit in the middle of the rest of us and we'd doodle the way they were sitting. Sometimes we'd do a random drawing from a word. Like pick a word and draw what first comes to mind when you think of the word. We all had our own OCs so sometimes we'd doodle a little scene by passing a sketch book around and doodling in our OC doing something with one of theirs. Things like that. :3

I've learned a lot of things from drawing with friends that I would never have learned by just looking up anatomy references and the work of other artists.
    Inactive account

Not a bad job on the hand, maybe try breaking it into more shapes. The second one is better imo, the first one, the tip of the thumb is too small, and the knuckle looks too tiny/skinny. THE nail should be a bit wider imo