Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Oh wow it's been some time since I've looked at your sketch book. You upload so much more here than I do, I'm so paranoid about posting ALL of my sketches because they are mostly doodles where I don't give a damn about anatomy or anything, they're just for fun so I don't feel like I should upload them here. xD

Either way, you're making a LOT of progress with all your practice in drawing and water color and all that. Keep it up, really. I do look at what you upload ;v;
    Inactive account

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Oh man, I can't wait to see more of that water color. Just the first layer of it looks neat. I can kind of see where the light is coming in above the water. :3
    Inactive account

How come you do the line art first?
    An honest question, just wondering as I always do mine last, but I hardly do water colours.

Weasyl
    Kaliaen
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidae View Post
    Oh man, I can't wait to see more of that water color. Just the first layer of it looks neat. I can kind of see where the light is coming in above the water. :3
    Thanks, I'm rather looking forward to it being done too, haha! I'm really glad you can tell that the light is coming in above the water; I'm having a really hard time with it. This kind of scene is hard to render correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    How come you do the line art first?
    An honest question, just wondering as I always do mine last, but I hardly do water colours.
    I usually do the lineart first because for me it makes the watercolors easier to control- when I work without lines I have to go more slowly and let each area of color dry completely before I move onto the next so the colors don't bleed everywhere. I like working fast and jumping from area to area; so you can see why that wouldn't work for me! Especially when it's a final for class and needs to be done next week. @_@

If you ever do want to give it a try, paper won't buckle at all if you stretch it right, even if you completely drown it with water.

But yeah it is a bit time consuming, and seems to only really work good if you have a really good heavy duty stapler, and that weird tape that doesn't get sticky till you wet it. I tried it once with an old staple gun, and masking tape and the paper wasn't pulled tight or held down good enough to not buckle, twas really disappointing.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Weasyl
    Tiido
    The bunnyraptor is great

What was the review for?

Weasyl
    Kaliaen
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiido View Post
    The bunnyraptor is great
    Thanks, it was really fun to design!

Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    What was the review for?
    My school has everyone do reviews at the end of year- we pick some of our best pieces, and they give us feedback about our art in general and where they think we should go moving forward. They also give recommendations of artists they think we would benefit from looking at.