Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Those are some really wonderful gestures!

Accept that your skill is always going to be a work in process, and don't think about how fast you improve. Different people grow at different rates, and you shouldn't compare your personal growth rate to others.

I deal with it by not really dwelling on it, but I had some studio major peers who bordered on emotional abuse with how they talked to me about my art and what I should be doing instead. I felt dead inside for nearly a year after I finally graduated and got away from it all, and I made almost no art at all because I'd pick up a pencil and immediately just feel like "why bother". I wish I didn't do that, because the more regularly I draw the better I get. I stopped for a year and that set me back, cause as soon as I stop drawing I actually go backwards pretty quickly, art for me anyway definitely is not like riding a bike lol.

I think one of the funnest things to do is to look back at slightly older art, it's almost always better than I felt about it when I left it. There's always some small parts that are good, even if the whole isn't so much.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

You made some nice gestures for 30 seconds. Also, I have some respect for you from your use of charcoal, that's quite good.
    Inactive account

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Lol the foot, that seems very random xD

Good job drawing things that are in you daily life.

Weasyl
    inejwstine
    I really like your finished version of Ko on the first page of this thread! Do you have it on weasyl so I can fav it?

Weasyl
    Kaliaen

Weasyl
    inejwstine
    Yep, that's the one I meant. Thanks! You're art is looking very nice. Good job on those figure drawings; figure drawing is a weakness of mine. ^^;

Weasyl
    Kaliaen
    Quote Originally Posted by inejwstine View Post
    Yep, that's the one I meant. Thanks! You're art is looking very nice. Good job on those figure drawings; figure drawing is a weakness of mine. ^^;
    Thanks, I'm glad you like my art! As for the figure drawing, it's all about the practice! The more you do it the better you'll be at it.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Your watercolour's superb! So eye pleasing hehe