Thread: AnthroCon 2014

Weasyl
    Bark

AnthroCon 2014

So, who is going? I am. Have the hotel booked (Omni), though still need to register. I also need to make some friends; save a local friend, I know no one else that is going o:

I'm from the Pittsburgh area, too, so if anyone has any questions, ask away.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I wish I could go again this year (been going for two years straight) but studies won't allow me this time. Hopefully I'll be able to go in 2015, though!

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    I will be attending (third year in a row!). I'm staying at the Westin, and was lucky enough that one of my room buddies scored a double bed within the first two minutes of rooms opening. The rush for rooms is way hectic with the PassKey system 6_9

Weasyl
    Bri Mercedes
    I am planning on going! It'll be my first fur con. Does anyone have advice on what to expect? Should I try and get into the artist's alley my first time?

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    Quote Originally Posted by Bri Mercedes View Post
    I am planning on going! It'll be my first fur con. Does anyone have advice on what to expect? Should I try and get into the artist's alley my first time?
    I don't recommend trying the Artist's Alley your first year, AC's AA is very different and confusing for artists.

As for what to expect, AC is much more on-the-go than any other cons I've been to (10 total). It's very hectic, so make plans to meet up with people you want to beforehand! Expect to wait in lines a lot, and expect the locals to love you. The people of Pittsburgh seriously dig the con and make arrangements to cater to it every year.

Remember, it's the biggest furry con in the world, so keep in mind that there are TONS of people and to make plans accordingly!

It's a very fun con aside from the tons of waiting and how hectic it is. A lot quieter overall, though. Don't expect many parties or anything!

Weasyl
    StripedPan
    Aaa, I've never been able to go to AC myself, but I hope to go one day! How much would one need to save up to get out there? Gas, hotel, registering, etc etc?

I'll just settle with videos and pictures until I can go. c: