Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    My husband and I are marathoning Castle right now. We recently started on season four, which so far has taken the show in a much more serious and heart-jerking direction. We also regulalry keep up with Agents of Shield, Arrow, HIMYM, and Community. Community is my personal favorite, but the 5th season is lagging due to the changeup in their cast (sob sob Donald Glover). Not entirely the show's fault, but the season is a bit of a letdown so far.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Started watching The Powerpuff Girls on Netflix. Never gave it much of a chance when I was younger.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Started watching The Powerpuff Girls on Netflix. Never gave it much of a chance when I was younger.
    Ahhh, man, used to love that show! I learned a few weeks ago (thanks to Tiamat) that an early 20th century German art school was actually highly influential in the show in various places, like the design of the Professor and their home, both inside and out.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Ahhh, man, used to love that show! I learned a few weeks ago (thanks to Tiamat) that an early 20th century German art school was actually highly influential in the show in various places, like the design of the Professor and their home, both inside and out.
    I'm interested in seeing how an oldass school could influence a 90s cartoon series 0:

Could I ask you to go into detail?

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafy View Post
    Original ppg was awesome, the new one with the crap animation can go fuck itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh_the_Steak View Post
    Oh I have, bloody love that one too. Shame it's ended but I guess it's better to have it end on a high whilst it's still a good show, rather than it carry on for a few more series and show signs of running out of ideas.
    See, thats the great thing about British tv, they know when to end a series before it goes to complete shit. At least as far as an American is concerned. Here they will drag a series out till the horse is beaten to a bloody pulp.
    Last edited by Batty Krueger; 03-04-2014 at 07:12 AM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty Krueger View Post
    See, thats the great thing about British tv, they know when to end a series before it goes to complete shit. At least as far as an American is concerned. Here they will drag a series out till the horse is beaten to a bloody pulp.
    This is true, as a lot of great sitcoms from here have an end and don't go the way of the Simpsons. Being milked dry, re-using jokes and situations, constantly referencing pop culture, shitting mechandise from all holes, current-events social commentary, and being used as a political soapbox. It sucks.

But there's a bad part to the other side of it because some Britcoms that could get away with/do well with a new season don't get one. Blackadder, for example. The idea for a 5th Blackadder series has been rolled around quite a few times yet nothing came out of it. One of the ideas for it was a 60s-era comedy centered around a band called "The Blackadder Five". And it's not happening. :[

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    This is true, as a lot of great sitcoms from here have an end and don't go the way of the Simpsons. Being milked dry, re-using jokes and situations, constantly referencing pop culture, shitting mechandise from all holes, current-events social commentary, and being used as a political soapbox. It sucks.

But there's a bad part to the other side of it because some Britcoms that could get away with/do well with a new season don't get one. Blackadder, for example. The idea for a 5th Blackadder series has been rolled around quite a few times yet nothing came out of it. One of the ideas for it was a 60s-era comedy centered around a band called "The Blackadder Five". And it's not happening. :[
    I say keep black adder simpsons free. As much as I love Rowan Atkinson, I think they did good ending it when they did. Another good example is Spaced. One of the best British series imho. They were gunna do a movie but Simon Pegg got caught up in his movie career. Cant blame the dude, he should have thrown Nick Frost a few more biscuits than he has. I fucking love them as a pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post

Blackadder was great. Glad they left it alone when they did.
    Most shows that have no real ending start sucking after a while. At least Atkinson and his crew dies in the season finales, wrapping it all up.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Quote Originally Posted by Saga View Post
    Weasyl doesnt have spoiler code added so I'll put the text here in case
    yes it does

I'd post something more on-topic but I haven't touched the TV for more than news in months. :I
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I dunno, Misfits and Being Human went longer than it should.