Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    I always thought Angela was an underrated character on the US office. I just love her miserable nature.

Saw the first episode of BoJack Horseman...its so lame. It's main character used to a sitcom star...and then the show itself follows sitcom show logic??? Bizarre. The "10 minutes later" joke got tiresome and sorta forced and if the joke is that horseman is an asshole...so what?

It's not like we've had a loveable asshole before. Oh wait. Peter Griffin, Homer Simpson, Fred Flintstone, and so many many more count.

Cat lady was about the only funny person to me.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #142
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCoffeecup View Post
    I've seen about 20 episodes here and there before netflix, and now I popped the cork for season 2 now that I started going through them in order.
    I don't really care much for spoilers so blast away if you wanna talk of something in particular
    I feel like the show went downhill towards the end. :/ I really don't like Andy (Idk if you met him yet?). And in regards to Butterflygoddess's comment, I think Angela is pretty funny, I like the episode where she installs cameras to watch her cats. I think the show does a really good job of having unique relationships and communication between characters.

Weasyl
    N/A
    The lack of people watching the british original makes me sad.

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I have been watching a ton of Doctor Who lately. I also recently started to watch Sherlock. My apologies if you're referring to a show called The British Original. I can't seem to find it "if" it exists
    Ellezard: Oh look professor, a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: Hey, that puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Which is related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: In which that puzzle is the answer to the puzzle related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Puzzleception.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by One_Classy_Dragon View Post
    I have been watching a ton of Doctor Who lately. I also recently started to watch Sherlock. My apologies if you're referring to a show called The British Original. I can't seem to find it "if" it exists
    Lol I mean the original series of The Office.

Weasyl
    One_Classy_Dragon
    Lol I mean the original series of The Office.
    Ah, okay. Big fault of my own there.

Speaking of The Office, I remember when my brother and I used to watch that show all the time. I'll probably reintroduce it to him later today.
    Ellezard: Oh look professor, a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: Hey, that puzzle reminds me of a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Which is related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    A_M_C_D: In which that puzzle is the answer to the puzzle related to a puzzle about a puzzle.
    Ellezard: Puzzleception.

Weasyl
    Butterflygoddess
    Well, both have their good and bad points.

The British one honestly is a little more melancholy, but it ended on a great note.

The US one had so many more characters and more seasons but they eventually got stale.

I can never decide which one is better though.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    Well, both have their good and bad points.

The British one honestly is a little more melancholy, but it ended on a great note.

The US one had so many more characters and more seasons but they eventually got stale.

I can never decide which one is better though.
    I find that the main problem with American comedy series (serieses? serii?) is that even though they may be positively great, they get milked.

Poor, poor Simpsons. A series is good when it lives well and ends well. Not when it's dragged on, padded, repeated, and used as a vessel for social/political/news/popculture commentary.

Right now, I'm watching Malcolm in the Middle. I used to watch that a lot almost 10 years ago. I'm gonna finish it, and then move onto Breaking Bad.

Bryan Cranston is awesome in MitM. I dunno why people soil themselves with glee over his performance in Breaking Bad whilst talking about MitM as if it were some kind of curious little factoid. (Doesn't mean I'm not excited to watch BB)

As an aside, it'd be cool if more sitcoms adapted the style of MitM (and UK's The Inbetweeners) instead of the dated stage-play style that is still so common.
    Last edited by FishNChips; 08-28-2014 at 03:47 PM.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflygoddess View Post
    Saw the first episode of BoJack Horseman...its so lame. It's main character used to a sitcom star...and then the show itself follows sitcom show logic??? Bizarre. The "10 minutes later" joke got tiresome and sorta forced and if the joke is that horseman is an asshole...so what?

It's not like we've had a loveable asshole before. Oh wait. Peter Griffin, Homer Simpson, Fred Flintstone, and so many many more count.

Cat lady was about the only funny person to me.
    First episode is literally the worst one. The show gets really dark later on as BoJack deals with the repercussions of his behavior in a realistic way. And you get to know all of the characters more.

I'm really loving it. Admittedly it might be more of a show for the cynical set.
    Watch me swooce right in.

Been watching Gurren Lagaan, but been taking small doses of it because of the FEELS! A friend of mine spoiled a big thing that happens in the series, I still watched it, got to the tragic event and I was still very sad. Then later episodes they keep going back to the event and the character I'm really liking the most is Yoko, she's strong, smart, funny, but is trying to keep plowing through each day without letting herself heal from the traumatic event. I'm kinda nervous to watch more episodes because I'm worried for Yoko but it still keeps calling me back lol!!