Weasyl
    Doggywolf67

so silent for so long

I know that the site has issues with sorting and searching and stuff but, i have always had a good readership on Weasyl.
    I do not understand why it is so slow. I get lots of reads or at least hits just no comments or favs. I have accepted this for now, but there must be something we can do to spark things up, to get people here....
    come on all you creative people... ideas? Lets not go a full month between posts.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    I don't do any story posting myself, but it does irk me that our writers seem to get so little attention overall. I don't know if it's because the first page is just crammed with (picture) art, so people just don't think to search for it or, because, since we have fewer writers, their contributions just aren't that visible amongst all the (picture) art (I.e. enough of it doesn't stay on the front page so people know for sure people write on the site).

We may need to visibly do something, like, I don't know, maybe Weasyl needs a banner that actual says something along the lines of "there are writers here" because at first glance, it doesn't really look like that, which can be discouraging for everyone. If you want to read several authors, but have a small selection, you might go somewhere else with a larger selection, hence a dip or slow down in readership. We need to let writers know it's okay to come here and we need to let readers know there are authors here and I think the only to do that is to visibly show it, be it with a banner, special colored tags, heck, see if people will do chapter thumbnails for you so you don't have to use the default one.

I mean, I came in the section thinking there would be a Nanowrimo thread up already. Do we have so few writers that we don't even have that? It's ridiculous.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    hmmm yeah i probably should post some of my writeing more often, but most of the time im a little nervous about it being stolen for one and two most of my writeing... well it just doesnt feel good enough to send out
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle GodHeart View Post
    hmmm yeah i probably should post some of my writeing more often, but most of the time im a little nervous about it being stolen for one and two most of my writeing... well it just doesnt feel good enough to send out
    I think we all at some point think, what if my stuff gets stolen? That's just a part of the internet, but most of the time it's not anything to worry about and from what I've read, sites that such offenders use usually cooperate with you if you contact them.
    As for things not being a good read, well, most of us start out pretty weak at this. You will get better if people read your stuff because they'll notice things you didn't or interpret things differently, causing you to possibly rewrite things to clarify them. In short, post stuff.

Hm, I wonder how many potential writers we do have who are simply too shy to post anything. That's a shame.

Weasyl
    Eagle GodHeart
    yeah honestly i need to post chapter 2 of my book but i rushed it so much that its really about 3 or 4 chapter's worth of raw ideas... but yeah me and my editor will have to get on that.
    it takes a real man to call sin out by its real name
    -anonomus

אב, סלח להם; כי הם לא יודעים מה הם עושים
    -ישועה

profile pic by uncle-noob on teen furs.