Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    3D models aren't that great. Now they are just a tool and can help, but most people learning anatomy don't realize how messed up the model can get due to rigging.

That is why I no longer recommend 3d models for leaning gesture. Get a live model or photos from other sites that do gesture. Especially since you will also look at more body types that way instead of a stock model
    Ahh, yes this is true ~

There was another site I used in parallel, but a lot of it is nude and my ma would walk in and be like O_O;;
    But here:

http://artists.pixelovely.com/practi...igure-drawing/

It's similar to posemaniacs in that it also has a tool where you can practice short sketches ^^ ~ Hopefully this will be better (:

The cool thing about the program I was talking earlier though, is that you can change the weight and the height, so if you're really stuck on how to do a specific pose, you can use it guide you ^^ ~ but again, I never used it so ;u; it's just what I've been told ^^b

Good luck!

Weasyl
    Tica
    I almost always do a google image search for references if it's a pose I'm unfamiliar with... or I'll look in the mirror/take a selfie.

if I reallt mess up at it I'll trace a few refs to get a feel for it; then I'll draw in a basic guideline skeleton (head, spine, shoulders, chest, hips, elbows, knees, feet, and connecting lines) to figure out what's going on in the body at this pose

then I'll either modify the traced lines or re-draw with the body type I'm drawing.

Weasyl
    Fliposaurus
    I'm starting to love my Wooden Model Mannequin. It is helpful for some basic gestures. Google images is my bro too when it comes to poses.

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Weasyl
    Fliposaurus
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I actually have something better than the wooden Mannikins now.

Armature 9
    It's the gumby of Mannequins! Now I want to watch 9 again.

That thing looks pretty cool, I need to save up money to get one for myself!

I've never been able to enjoy yeh olde wood mannequins, they're just too stiff and awkwardly shaped that they just sort of infuriate me (doesn't help that the ones I've come across can't hold a pose either...)
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I have the wooden mannikins and they are indeed stiff and not very poseable. I also have a miniature skeleton that I find rather useful too.

So far the Armature 9 has met my expectations. I'm still trying to get used to some parts and how they move but overall I find them to be a wonderful product even in their 3D print mode vs baked.

I am a little sad that he won't be selling his animal ones for quite a while as he is focusing on the human one, but If he continues to improve them I can't complain too much.

I already have ordered his latest one since I was given a discount for being a backer.

http://store.digitaldouble.net/colle.../a9-adult-2014

Lol, my wooden guy cant do half the thing i want it too!!

Often i draw the shapes or stick people, maybe photo myself if possible

Weasyl
    QTMelon