Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Weasyl
    MLR
    You know... aside from the official documentation, not really. What I did, to be honest, was learn the basics via one of the old 1980's texts on the subject, and then for anything else I wanted to do that was slightly more advanced I just Google it and see what I can find (else just trial and error). There's loads of useful threads on StackExchange, for example, wherein people post snippets of code as solutions to specific problems (although I often find that said codes are unnecessarily complicated and often quite specific, but they serve as a decent starting point).

Weasyl
    irick
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    You know... aside from the official documentation, not really. What I did, to be honest, was learn the basics via one of the old 1980's texts on the subject, and then for anything else I wanted to do that was slightly more advanced I just Google it and see what I can find (else just trial and error). There's loads of useful threads on StackExchange, for example, wherein people post snippets of code as solutions to specific problems (although I often find that said codes are unnecessarily complicated and often quite specific, but they serve as a decent starting point).
    Well, I'll try my hand at it then :3 Hopefully it's not too radically different or anything!
    We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology.
    -- Carl Sagan

I'm on furnet IRC! Please drop by irc.furnet.org's #hackerfurs and say hi.