Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    Midsummer Aria
    Last edited by Twilight Aria; 03-09-2014 at 02:20 PM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    To be honest, I would have waited on trying to detail the hair and just worked on every part at the same time. The skin tones are improving but the jaw appears to be too wide.

Whether you do it in the sketchbook forum or here doesn't matter too much as long as you try keeping it to your topic I believe. This is specifically asking for critiques, where sketchbooks allow critiques and feedback.

Maybe i'm a little late, but I'll throw in my 2 cents if you don't mind!

Her skin, nose and lips are SPECTACULAR! Great work on those. The eyes are a bit big and manga-ish, but I have a feeling you were trying to do that. Hair is tricky. The best way to do hair is to balance places of high contrast with places of high detail and low detail. So, feel free to highlight single strands of hair, but not every strand needs to be drawn. Give the impression of lots of strands of hair without drawing them all by highlighting a few, drawing a few and then letting the others fade into mid-tones and darks.

Keep up the good work!

Weasyl
    Midsummer Aria
    Last edited by Twilight Aria; 04-03-2014 at 12:54 AM.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Each attempt is getting better so keep going. Try using larger brush strokes because you keep going with stringy hair, and you should hold off on doing anything in hair other than the basic overall shapes till later in your painting.