Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Sparkyopteryx
    Big, fearsome cuddly monsters. They don't have to be fluffy or look cute either; it's more of an inherent quality than anything. That goes for just about anything for me; it's not how the subject is drawn, or colored, or anything. In fact, when it is intentionally manipulated and altered just to make it look cuter, I find it less cute and it becomes more of an object of disgust for me (case in point, "baby-fying" or "chibifying" things). Cute is kind of a nebulous attribute for me, like if something is beautiful, or sexy, or creepy.

Also fae. Not cartoon pink sparkle horrorshow confections, more like closer to the "Brian Froud" style of faerie; they're a little uncanny valley for some but I think they're pretty and adorable. Birds and bats of all kinds, even the "ugly" ones. And spotted hyenas.
    Last edited by Sparkyopteryx; 02-22-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I find that simplicity is a thin line between bland and adorable; almost like a break or make it kinda deal. Obviously light colours can enhance that, but yeah a lot of it depends on personal preference. Myself, I think facial expressions and demeanor of the character is huge for giving off any impression.

Weasyl
    willy
    If it looks appealing. That's about it. This is kind of like asking what is attractive to someone.

Also can you just use normal font? I can barely read your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by kipKei View Post

yeaaah bby sharks are cute!!! xD its ok i feel weird when i say it too sometimes

Baby sharks ftw D:< om nom nom.

Hmm, idk, I think everything is cute ;w; heh
    I don't think there's a set definition for what is cute or not :3 It's all up to interpretation QuQb lolol, sometimes
    what someone else sees as horror or macabre, I might find cute ~
    For me, it's the expression, or what they're doing. Sometimes it's when the image doesn't fit with the personality,
    and the subject just appears like an awkward turtle ;w; ~ ♥

Weasyl
    Fliposaurus
    Pastels help make things cool kawaii. It's weird but true in my opinon. Also eyes that look more like pools of the tears of angels help.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    When I hear "Kawaii," I think of the biggest island in the state of Hawaii.

When I hear "cute" I think of happy characters with a friendly, harmless looking face, or sad characters with a sympathetic expression. Just about most animals can be cute in the right light.

Weasyl
    N/A
    For me it's more about behaviour. Find me the biggest, nastiest looking thing and make it snuggle up to someone and I'll be all 'd'aww lookit so cute .3.'

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Yes :3

Have him being nice to a puppy and watch me d'aww. Also that game is hard as fuck, but in the best way. I had Probotector when I was young and it remains unbeaten.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    While his nose is bleeding all over it.
    Is that what that is? I thought that was a skull-shaped flesh protrusion.