Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    kipkei

What is cute/kawaii?

I know this depends on alot of different reasons.

But what makes something kawaii
    to you? thick lines? thin lines? expressions? details? simplicity?

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Your avatar. Agooooo

Actually, I don't pay much attention to kawaii things. But to me, cartoons in general are pretty cute with how much you can stretch and exaggerate things like expressions, lines, and shapes on them.
    E.G An exaggerated chubby lil' toon with big agoo eyes will probably be more cute-worthy than a slim, more realistic character. Although, I guess slim and realistic could count as a whole different kind of cute...

I guess simplicity would be a good contributor, too. When you see something cute you should be all "Oh my gosh, this is so cute!" Not-
    "This character has a lot of details. I am totally going to acknowledge it for a while just to evaluate how cute it is."

Also otters.

Especially otters.

Otters.

Weasyl
    Vae
    "Kawaii" just reminds me of 14-year-olds in a weeaboo phase.

A lot of things can be cute, though.
    It's not really a style. Actually, I wish people wouldn't just heavily rely on a certain, specific style to make something out to be "cute." Experiment. See how you can make "cute" things in different ways, instead of just giant shiny eyes or whatever the shit.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    kipkei
    Quote Originally Posted by Vae View Post
    "Kawaii" just reminds me of 14-year-olds in a weeaboo phase.

A lot of things can be cute, though.
    It's not really a style. Actually, I wish people wouldn't just heavily rely on a certain, specific style to make something out to be "cute." Experiment. See how you can make "cute" things in different ways, instead of just giant shiny eyes or whatever the shit.

LOL yeah 'kawaii' can seem that way sometimes way how alot of children use it outside of JP.

What would you personally define cute as? I just want to get all kinds of opinions on it is all c:
    Last edited by kipKei; 02-21-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Doggies!
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Potatoes

Any kind of bird. Tropical birds get a special mention.

Quote Originally Posted by AineCleine View Post
    Any kind of bird. Tropical birds get a special mention.
    Your icon in a nutshell. (EDIT: So, reread that, and totally didn't mean to sound dumb, I mean your icon was cute / kawaii and stuff. SORRY IF IT SOUNDED MEAN OR SOMETHING).

I like baby sharks. They're so kawaiiiiii. I feel so weird typing that word.
    Last edited by insanejoker; 02-23-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Weasyl
    kipkei
    Quote Originally Posted by insanejoker View Post
    Your icon in a nutshell.

I like baby sharks. They're so kawaiiiiii. I feel so weird typing that word.
    yeaaah bby sharks are cute!!! xD its ok i feel weird when i say it too sometimes

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    I dunno, I can't even define my own definition of cute. It's usually those monsters that aren't supposed to look horribly hideous though.
    Male tsun expression hits me most of the time though.

And I usually avoid most female stuffs unless it's a rather simple looking loli with a noble and charismatic aura. The typical "SO MOE AND AIR-HEADED" shits get the "Slutbitch" tag from me.