Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Willow View Post
    Damn. Maybe that should be their next move then. I almost feel like that's an even bigger shot to someone's pride too. I mean getting beat at a game by a girl is one thing but could you imagine getting beat at Mario Party by an old lady?

I'd quit games forever. :B
    So when we're all old you're gonna have to quite gaming, cause some of us are going to be old ladies, and of course some of us are going to beat you.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Maybe put Zelda as a start but not worry about her wearing makeup or being really girly?

Stop having main title characters as objects to be rescued but do more rescuing?
    Umm excuse you, but Zelda already has her own game :V

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHw5g55oC4

Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    So when we're all old you're gonna have to quite gaming, cause some of us are going to be old ladies, and of course some of us are going to beat you.
    Well I mean if we're all old that's different.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I demand a Boy's Zone with weekly contests of boys vs girls in the manner of the traditional children's cartoons when this happens for some reason despite the main cast being diverse as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    My grandma owns at Blacklight though... :Y

I'm actually being serious. I visited her last weekend and she was playing it on my cousin's new rig. 16-5 TDM.
    Grandbadass more like.

This is ridiculous, selling to the female demographic in video games is super easy. It's like the game though, you can't make them think it's a girl's game or you lose the demographic. Pokemon, Zelda, the Sims, Final Fantasy, and Kingdom Hearts are prime examples of this kind of success. The males aren't super-masculine, the females aren't super-sex objects, and everything is kinda open ended with defined goals. There's no repetitive running around shooting team deathmatch KILL CAM 360 NO SCOPE. There's no trash talk or hate mail. Nothing is super-technical unless you really pry the hood open. Most of 'em are single player or involve playing with people that are actually in the room. Nintendo has some of the most demographic-friendly franchises in the business, how are they THIS BAD at what they do?
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

Weasyl
    N/A

Regardless of what they try to do, people will buy what they like.
    Im not a fan of most things pink, but I can say the same for brown. But if they put them with a mix of something else there isnt an issue.
    They just need some regular boys and girls in the game.
    Personally i would think it were messed up to have a medieval setting with a princess that does not wear a dress. It doesn't have to be pink, or all the time but it should fit roughly into the scenery around it.

Personally i dont care about my character being a goy or a girl so long as I like them.
    Princess peach is pink and does wonder with the frying pan ( think ssb)
    And zelda is sheik which is badass.
    On that note, I usually choose to play as a male character over a girl simply because I like them. A lot of guys play as girls because they like them regardless of their clothing.
    It doesnt matter how sexy or handsome the character is if people dont like them.
    They really just need to focus on the game play.

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    PS: Pink was a man's colour and blue a woman's colour before the 1930s
    My house's basement was the manliest fucking thing for about seven years, cool!

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I think this was a great ad campaign and I think igborant gamers are blowing this massively out of proportion for the sake of complaining and out of fear that women will control the videogame community.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamedog View Post
    Silly.
    If we want to unite gamers, why do we go out of our way to segregate them.
    THIS

THIS THIS THIS

Most people in online games give exactly zero fucks what is between your legs. You're gonna occasionally get sexist dipshits and awkward creepers who hit on anything they think has a vag and whiteknights, but they do not form the majority of the population and are pretty easy to avoid. My MOTHER played TONS of MMOs and encountered only ONE sexist dipshit to my knowledge, and she called in a GM who straightened his stupid ass right the fuck out. She actually was in a guild in DAoC that was OVER HALF FEMALE and they encountered problems EXTREMELY rarely. A lot of the time people who ran female characters and did the usual begging for items/help (basically fishing for a whiteknight) turned out to actually be GUYS.