Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Being a full-homo gamer and an Australian, girls have always flocked to me like flies. :v

Really though - I spent most of my WoW days playing with female friends, and was always meeting new gamer gals. ...They did play healers an awful lot, though.
    I was always jealous of their sexy armors.
    Actually, I never really noticed a difference of girl/guy gamers until I joined the furry fandom and stopped playing WoW so much.

Weird.

OT - To be honest, from my experience, it shouldn't be treated as "gamer girls" or "gamer guys", and simply as: "Gamers". Meaning appeal to everyone, I guess.

So instead of only scantily armored womans, have buff dudes in questionable gear as well! :v plz ;~;

I don't know why but the video just in general makes me feel really uncomfortable?

Can't place my finger on what about it makes me feel that way though. I'm confused as to what message Nintendo is trying to convey with this, particularly because of the choices of games in the background.

I suppose they're trying to capture that demographic of girls that are eh, super girly or something? I don't know, I've always grown up with girls and boys that all share common (apparently masculine?) interests so I don't have a very good understanding of the demographic that Nintendo is trying to target here...or something..?
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Littlerock
    Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    So instead of only scantily armored womans, have buff dudes in questionable gear as well!
    I am so down with this that it physically hurts.

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    They do know that this Pink crap is hurting themselves right?
    Eh. Who knows?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26064302

Instead of thinking it's about makeup or girly stuff, it's about having something there enjoyable by both genders.
    Yeah this is kind of the problem. They're trying to get younger girls into gaming and stuff but like, they don't know how to. They're using games that anyone can enjoy (i.e. Animal Crossing and Mario) but then they need to add in the fashion and stereotypical girl stuff.

Because well..that's what seems to sell with young girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewge View Post
    So instead of only scantily armored womans, have buff dudes in questionable gear as well! :v plz ;~;
    Start making WoW mods. Give all the male orcs battle panties :v
    Last edited by Willow; 02-20-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Weasyl
    Vae
    The whole "marketing to this gender" for kids thing has always been just really weird and alien, to me.

Because, growing up, I had the Barbies and the stuffed animals, but I also had the Jurassic Park dinosaurs and cars and trucks and Transformers and plastic bugs.
    I also played my Marios and Zeldas alongside my Contras and Metroids and Lifeforces.
    I went clothes shopping, and then rolled around in the mud while camping.
    My gender has literally had goddamned zero influence over my interests.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Yeah so Nintendo is apparently still living in the 1990's and don't realize that roughly half of all gamers are female now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nintendo
    wat is equality

what do you mean girls like Nintendo games

no they don't

we need an ad campaign to rope in girls

we will double our fanbase by adding vaginas

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    And even aiming for CASUALS in general (kids are largely included) is what's killing the Wii U. How is THIS gonna help?
    Aiming for casuals worked out OK the first time around with the Wii, but the funny thing about casuals is that they tend to be happy with what they have. Why should they buy something to replace what still works?

Weasyl
    willy
    Ooooooooh So they're targeting YOUNG girls. Right right.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway."

-Walt Disney
    Well it doesn't really do any good trying to get adults into games. Unless you wanna get your grandma into Call of Duty or something :V

Weasyl
    willy
    My grandma owns at Blacklight though... :Y

I'm actually being serious. I visited her last weekend and she was playing it on my cousin's new rig. 16-5 TDM.
    Damn. Maybe that should be their next move then. I almost feel like that's an even bigger shot to someone's pride too. I mean getting beat at a game by a girl is one thing but could you imagine getting beat at Mario Party by an old lady?

I'd quit games forever. :B

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Maybe put Zelda as a start but not worry about her wearing makeup or being really girly?

Stop having main title characters as objects to be rescued but do more rescuing?