Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will always be my favorite book. Douglas Adams has a unique sense of humor that manages to be silly without dumbing anything down.
    http://imgur.com/BuadhtU
    Oh shit how could I forgot such a glorious series of books.

Weasyl
    Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by Pine View Post
    The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy will always be my favorite book. Douglas Adams has a unique sense of humor that manages to be silly without dumbing anything down.
    i love douglas adams!!! i've read the whole hitchhiker's guide series and im going to start reading dirk gently's holistic detective agency.

Weasyl
    Doggywolf67
    Well you asked so I will tell you. My current favorite is Shielah of Earth, published last year. It is filled with all kinds of furry characters and one lone human. Technically they are human hybrids but they all have fur and tails. It is not a fanfic, it is not a fetish but a real story.
    it is a Sci-fi about a guy who gets frozen in the north sea and then is found and revived thousands of years later when all that are left on Earth are hybrids! You asked! So I told you!

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Quote Originally Posted by KatAddy View Post
    i love douglas adams!!! i've read the whole hitchhiker's guide series and im going to start reading dirk gently's holistic detective agency.
    To bad he died before the movie was released. So much wrong in the movie.
    It's fun for people that havnt read the series, that's about it.

I almost never read, at least not novels, but i really did enjoy silverwing.

Weasyl
    Sylvia_the_Wanton_Poet
    I like the Sholan Alliance series by Lisanne Norman, and have recently gotten hooked on the Destroyermen novels by Taylor Anderson. (The first one is a nifty scifi thing with telepathic cat people, the second is a kind of alt-history set where a WW2 US destroyer gets sucked into an alternate universe. Fun stuff )

Of the two I'd have to say I like the Destroyermen series more right now, because I've always been a fan of history and alternate history, and the idea of taking superior technology to another culture and bootstrapping them to muskets in order to fight off an evil empire gives me warm, fuzzy, imperialistic feelings inside.

Weasyl
    Kelly
    While I have no specific book that I particularly like, the genre that I lean towards is mystery, horror, or fantasy. Some few books that I had enjoyed reading were, "The chronicles of Vladimir Tod", "Interview with the vampire", and also, "Dead until dark."

Might just be The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan. A close second would be The Son of Neptune (Riordan).

Honorable mentions:

Christine - Stephen King
    Meg series - Steve Alten
    Dune - Frank Herbet
    The Hobbit - J.R.R. Tolkien
    The Silmarillion - Tolkien
    Sega does what Nintendon't.

Weasyl
    N/A
    I've been in love with the Inheritance Cycle since Eragon was first published. Haven't gotten too far in Wheel Of Time, but I like what I've read. Miss Peregrine's School for Peculiar Children was a fantastic read.

One or two shitty novellas aside, I've never been disappointed with the books I read in high school. When I was still in a Catholic school, we read The Red Tent, which was incredible. I love reading from another person's perspective. My favorite, though, was Go Ask Alice. We had about a month to read it and I finished it in two days.

I've read too much to pick a single favorite.

I'm also big fan of Pratchett's works. Not only can he create crazy fantastic worlds, but he also has them make sense.

I find Garth Nix to be a mix of hit and miss for me. While I The Seventh Tower Series has stolen a couple weekends from me rereading it, some of his others fall flat.

My odd favorite The Ear, The Eye, and The Arm by Nancy Farmer. I also like the first two books in her Sea of Trolls trilogy. (I can't give my opinion on the last since I haven't found a copy yet.)

The late Tom Clancy is another that I love but I have to listen to the book on tape while do practice sketches or something simple with my hands or else I feel guilty I spent the entire weekend doing nothing but reading a single book.