no really, i need some help here

so, this is my critique thread...

let's start with this (mildly nswf?) http://imgur.com/74vb2R7

yeah it's overall rough and really not something i draw a lot, obviously...help?

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    It's nice to see you drawing a scene. The main problem I can see is perspective. We can see the top of the ceiling, but at the same time we can't see the head of the person taking a shower? It looks a bit odd with that perspective problem.

It's ok not to include the details of the person (their face) but I think you should still include the head even if it means adding steam to hide parts to keep them a mystery.

^ mostly it was poor planning and you can probably see many ink sketch mistakes like the magical teleporting doorknob. and i think i got the feet too big.

what's a good way to approach laying out the perspective/space for a scene?

Quote Originally Posted by no_really View Post
    ^ mostly it was poor planning and you can probably see many ink sketch mistakes like the magical teleporting doorknob. and i think i got the feet too big.

what's a good way to approach laying out the perspective/space for a scene?
    I like to create a scribble of he whole scene with no details just like figures, a box, a circle a stick person, then go. sometimes I just draw a background around the character but if i have an idea i scribble it out since once I put the ink on the paper it isnt going to move lol

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I think the most important part of learning or doing perspective in a drawing is to determine where the horizon line is. A good book on perspective is called Perspective Made Easy.

I think you got some really interesting style in here, like it belonged in a cartoon and I like that. Also is good to see you´re self-aware of what to improve so I can only say that practice could be your best friend. The only thing I could recommend is in finding a way to improve the hands, or they have really large fingers or large thumbs (especially on the blue guy) there are some nice tutorials around regarding that, sorry I can´t be very specific.

Also I could recommend avoiding imgur for sharing this type of images. It offers zero privacy. Try photobucket or dropbox,