Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mary Sue Litmus Test (unc.edu)

http://www.unc.edu/~jemarti/marysuetest/

fun thing to play with.

you can find most of my characters under my weasyl page.

green got 0
    orange got 17
    cyan got 26

i can't really remember exactly, but silver got like -10, red got ~ -5, goldenrod got like 0, and purple got way into the negatives.

Weasyl
    Greg Striata

oh. i expected more gary stu.

Weasyl
    SpaceCoboye
    No big surprise there.

I got a 6. 4 of those were the "has a cool outfit" and "wish I had it" options, but I swear I didn't come up with them! I'm just a minion in someone else's army. Actually several of the points are par for the setting type stuff. I guess I'm just kind of boringly average.

Of course, it doesn't help that my story's just kind of starting out, and said story is an RP hosted by someone else. I'm sure as things progress and my character develops I'll see it get into more interesting territory. It might also be a bit higher as I wasn't sure if the dinky "need something to be unique" feature I have counted, given that it's subtle enough that most wouldn't bat an eyelash at it (her pink nose). I counted the hair, though, even though it's just dye.

Weasyl
    Vae
    Fursona: -10
    Koopaling OC: 2
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    My fursona got a decent 12
    "Your character is well-balanced. He or she has enough distinctive traits to stand out, but he or she also has some flaws. Although he or she has won some victories and accomplished some goals, the world doesn't bend to his or her will, and other characters treat him or her realistically. You probably don't need to worry about this character at all."
    ~Hells yeah
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    I love this quiz! These days most of my characters score somewhere in the singe digit negatives or positives, especially since I enjoy making characters that are not combat oriented.
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Did mine for Matt Smith's Doctor Who and scored a mighty 236!

Your character is an extreme Mary Sue. He or she has every cool trait in the book. Even though he or she has a tragic past, he or she still manages to be the best at all kinds of things and to accomplish everything he or she tries. Rules don't apply to him or her. The other characters in the story are only there to praise your character and make him or her look good by comparison; anyone who dislikes your character is treated as an obvious villain. There isn't much hope for this character. You may as well scrap him or her and start over.

As much as I agree with this I still love Doctor Who :3

Weasyl
    Antronach
    The MC in my book got a 10. Considering that he turns into a dragon, I guess I did good.

Weasyl
    Dire Newt
    Most of my characters end up with a "well-balanced" score, but a few are "understated".