Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Annoying Neighbours

Weasyl
    MEEHOO

Annoying Neighbours

I checked to see if this has been done before I couldn't find a similar thread so if im wrong my bad.
    I'm sure im not the only person here that has or has had a bad neighbour .

My bad neighbour is an old woman around 50-60 years old who has no sleep cycle she shouts and argues constantly with her daughter at ridiculous times in the early morning and at night this itself is annoying but she has one of those screechy "I've been smoking since I was eight " voices .

She also drinks constantly and has friends over often which results in shitty music blaring at 2am followed by a drunken argument or two.
    Basically a good nights sleep is impossible if she is your neighbor I've even tried ear plugs but they just don't work her music is too damn loud as whiney as this may seem I don't like being force fed abba when im trying to sleep.

I've went over and complained but she usually apologises gives me a five minute respite then she starts screaming all kinds of insults at me for about half an hour and continues with her music drinking ect.

I can't wait to move out.

So has anyone else got an annoying neighbour or has had one in the past ?

I feel for ya, We have a rental house next door. Some years ago the people renting the place were obnoxious. The guy would come home. Leave his car stereo blaring in the driveway. then go inside for hours. It would be so loud I couldn't hear my own TV. If it wasn't the car it was the huge sound system they'd sit outside for parties. Any night of the week or weekend. Cops were over there constantly. Land lord was finally able to get them out. People there now are great. They have outdoor parties with music. Just like the people across the street. If I don't what to hear the music I can go inside. Even leave to windows open and read without it bothering me.

It's a shame your the one who has to move MEEHOO. Better to stay away from that scene. Alcoholics blame everything on everyone else. You may find yourself in the middle of something you don't what to be in. Your best friends are the cops. Even if you have to keep them over there constantly. Better than you getting blamed for something.

Weasyl
    MEEHOO
    Im not moving out for because of her
    I've been planning to leave home for a while and it literally can't happen soon enough.
    I've phoned the police to make noise complaints but they only really show up if it's something more serious

Unfortunately she owns her house so she can't get kicked out like your neighbours did
    Il just have to wait it out.

I had bad neighbors where I used to live, they would harass my family constantly. We lived on the corner, and they would stand on that corner and drink and usually get loud with music blaring and everything else. They kept pissing a lot of people off, not just us, and one was known to be violent. We tried calling the cops on them but they wouldn't do anything. We kept things like crowbars baseball bats by the outside doors just in case and I told my dad that if any of them ever came to the door for some reason to be sure to answer it with his 1911 in hand. Fortunately they never did.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

not really their all preety chill

Our current neighbor likes to park his truck with the tailpipe facing right at our front door, than spend a good 15 minutes gassing us in the morning/evening if it's even slightly cold. (one time while doing that he also decided to let a leaf blower idle on his porch no idea what the deal is honestly, but it sucked to be getting fumes in both doors for sure).

He isn't actually that bad as far as neighbors go, sometimes he plays his music loud, but it's rarely. We generally make an effort to keep the spot in front of our door parked in by one of our cars. Generally mine since I haven't been driving it as much. He only really parks his truck considerately when it's in front of his own door, cause gee it sure is annoying to have a giant truck obstructing your entrance and shooting fumes into your home.

I think my worst neighbors were actually when I was still in school. I had a baritone player living above me for a while, and he practiced almost nonstop. I actually went up and asked him if he could give us a break, and if he was aware that we have 24 hour dedicated buildings full of practice rooms, cause seriously not exaggerating 3-4 hours at a time is nuts, he'd start around 4pm and wouldn't stop until nearly 10pm sometimes. He wasn't even that good, how can you be that dedicated to your instrument and still be that bad?

He looked me straight in the eye and told me he did know. And went back in to practice more, a bit later one of my other neighbors stormed up there and bitched him out real good, and he didn't constantly practice in his room anymore after that.

Then there was the girl who would do things like leave bloody toilet paper on the bathroom floor, have angry talks over her phone constantly. She was filthy and stank and it of course filtered into my room since the fan unit was shared, it was a summer that I wish I lived in a dorm with communal bathrooms rather than bathroom shared with a suite mate. I can't even remember most of it because it was so stressful ontop of my classes, and the construction going on at the time.

I think I've been pretty lucky though, most of my time in the dorm if people were being noisy and wake me up or anything, I could pop my head out and just ask them if they could keep it down, and they'd apologize and either lower their voices or find somewhere else to hang out.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Last year in the school dorms: I had a neighbor that would fuck her boyfriend no less than 2-3 each day. I could hear absolutely everything like I was in the room, thanks to how the dorm rooms are set up. You have a thin wall, where your wall is basically a thin (maybe ~2 inches wide at most) board of wood, and a thick, solid wall. Guess what side she was on. :| Also loved to scream at her family over the phone, that sure is nice to hear when I'm doing homework.

At home: I have a neighbor across the street from me with three asshole anklebiters. These dogs have literally chased and snapped at people walking by, including:

me
    my friend
    an old lady walking back from the nearby store
    a ~7 year old child walking back from the town pool
    several kids on bikes
    and so on

Her bright idea is to sit there calling for one of them from her stoop while they're ~40 feet away snapping at your feet for daring to be in the neighborhood. "Kiiiirrrrby, better get back here or I'll shoot you in the butt!" with the most obnoxious baby talk voice I have ever heard. The lady herself is nice but her dogs are little shitlords. She loves putting them on a lead to sit outside during the spring/summer and they will, no matter what, find a way to get out of it to chase people. I prefer her husbands big stupid golden retriever. He shits in my yard but he's friendly at least.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Sound almost like my Grandma minus the drinking part.

Problem with her is that she sleeps in the room next to my game room.

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    I'm pretty sure -I'm- the bad neighbor. I haven't heard any complaints to my face yet, but my friends and I shout at each other when we play FIFA (it's a very competitive game, it just happens!), we vape in the room, and although we usually manage to hide the smell, the cops have been called to our dorm on more than one occasion, which meant that we've stunk up the hall pretty bad. Oh, also my girlfriend is kinda loud when things get uh, intimate >.>
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    Tiido
    I am a bad neighbor... I listen music, sometimes loud. A bit over a week ago I had a note on my door "turn music down, neighbors".
    One could have just knocked on the door, and I would know how loud is too loud and when it is too loud but no...
    It has also taken 4 years, I have not been any louder than normal... and I am not aware of any new neighbors.
    But when things go well, next year I will have no neighbors... Things will be awesome ^^