Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Streaming Notifications

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Judicant

Streaming Notifications

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    This sounds pretty neat, but what if the stream lasts more than six hours? When I do stream, it can easily last over 10 hours at once.

Could there be an option in your profile to set the time it will take before it shuts down on its own? I don't think it'd be too complicated to make.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Judicant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    This sounds pretty neat, but what if the stream lasts more than six hours? When I do stream, it can easily last over 10 hours at once.

Could there be an option in your profile to set the time it will take before it shuts down on its own? I don't think it'd be too complicated to make.
    Ah yes, I was worried this might be the case. I'll talk with our coders and see what we can do. It's very possible we may just extend the amount of time, but I can't make any promises without talking to them first!

I have just discovered the fun of streaming art, so this news is exciting.
    If you say "plz" because it's shorter than "please," I'll say "no" because it's shorter than "yes."

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Once again, Weasyl blows my mind with an awesome feature. You guys rock!

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Judicant
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post

Just getting back to you, we will be setting that time limit to 12 hours instead.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Judicant View Post
    Just getting back to you, we will be setting that time limit to 12 hours instead.
    Awesome, thanks for the tweak :3

how about a "time extension" button, so if the person is still currently streaming they can just go tap that button and it will reset the timer thing (or just add some time) that should solve any problems.
    :3

Also I have a question! will you be able to view all live streams on the front page or will it only show people you are watching? I would like to be able to check em all out.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Cattz View Post
    how about a "time extension" button, so if the person is still currently streaming they can just go tap that button and it will reset the timer thing (or just add some time) that should solve any problems.
    We hadn't thought of that, but honestly it would be so easy to implement that we might as well throw it right in! :3

Also I have a question! will you be able to view all live streams on the front page or will it only show people you are watching? I would like to be able to check em all out.
    The page pointed to by the "More Live Streams" link will likely give signed-in users the option, whereas for signed-out users obviously it has to show all users (since signed-out users won't have a following list!).

Cool! Might want to have something like, (streaming notification will auto shut off in 'time') [Extend Button]

and thanks for the quick reply :3