Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Zombimatic
    I posted comics, but they're not long stories, more like one page a gag types of comics.
    but now you're talking about it, i'm thinking about posting all my old comics...

EDIT: Haha, because of your post, I had to post my old webcomic
    https://www.weasyl.com/submissions?u...folderid=52349
    so.. thanks, I guess? XD
    Last edited by Zombimatic; 03-05-2014 at 08:52 AM.

Weasyl
    Getta
    Those comics are great! You should totally post your old web comic.

Weasyl
    Zalcoti
    I have one comic page as of today. Hopefully that will change in the future. I'm planning a 13-15 page comic test for later use as a more elaborate art test.

I've been debating posting a comic series on here, but that takes guts. Guts I currently don't have. And my old stuff was terrible...

Weasyl
    Getta
    Comics are like level grinding for artists. If you can set a schedule for yourself, say one page a week minimum, then keep to that, churning out a page every week for six months or so, you'll see a huge improvement in your progress. You might see the art get better, you might find it easier to churn out pages faster than before, or maybe even both.

I guess I could start a tumblr or an ask thread on here. I just don't know where to start...

Weasyl
    Getta
    I generally start with an outline. I write down where the comic starts, where the comic ends, and then I figure out how to get from Point A to Point B.

If it helps, I'll maybe list the characters I intend to use in the comic and write a sentence or a brief paragraph about their role in the story. It doesn't have to be super specific or detailed. It's just a way to help me focus my thoughts. And that's the important trick, getting the ideas out of your head and in some form you can actually look at and refine.

Once I have the basic skeleton of a story in the form of the outline, I begin fleshing it out. I add more layers to the outline, more details of the story. I'll break it down into chapters based on what major events happen. Each major event gets a paragraph or so describing what happens at that point in the overall story.

You can then break each chapter down into a separate outline using the same process. Where the chapter starts, where it ends, and all the major events which occur over the course of that chapter. This lets you break each story segment into its own story arc.

From there you can turn your first chapter into a script, or be like me and do it "the Marvel way", sketching out the rough pages based on the outline, then thinking of dialogue later, once the page is finished. But if you do it that way, be sure to leave yourself room for word balloons!

I've posted all my pages on Weasyl. One of these days I'll get a site of my own. It's sort of inconvenient that the pages are too big for tumblr, as that's where I've accumulated the most followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleu View Post
    I just happened on one person posting a comic https://www.weasyl.com/~mattrat
    Another person I know posts some but they haven't uploaded in a bit so...I forgot who it was >.>
    I was surprised to recognize this. Where have I seen this?
    Check out The Arm for some surreal body-horror slapstick about healing and trust.
    Commissions are open.

Weasyl
    Sireux
    I was definitely planning on getting on to doing it, I just never really get the chance due to my courses.
    But hopefully I can doodle some short comics and stuff sometime soon!

I've wanted to write a comic and/or animate for years now, but I can't seem to gather the courage to do it, or know who to ask for advice.