Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Snow.

Weasyl
    N/A
    So pretty, but since I've got raynaud's disease it makes it hard to love it. Why can't snow be around when it's warm out?

Weasyl
    ludwiggoff
    I live in New Hampshire, so there's uniform precipitation of snow all season long well into spring. I love winter, and personally find snow both relaxing to watch and take walks in. I'm also used to manual labor, so I don't mind shoveling pounds of the stuff; I see it as beneficial exercise for me, personally. Snow even contributes to me having less allergy issues. As for driving in it, I don't mind that either; so long as I'm not around impatient, reckless morons driving too fast or too close for conditions.

In other regions where snow is rare, it can understandably be a headache. The resources and equipment such as winter tires and snow plows are not as in abundance, if not non-existent. Even locally it can be taxing if you lack the necessities for reliable travel or cleanup.

Snow only annoys me once it becomes treated, and turns into a disgusting brown slush that cakes every surface.
    Last edited by LudwigGoff; 02-16-2014 at 05:44 PM.

Weasyl
    Sutekh_the_Steak
    We had a bit of a snowstorm in Glasgow about two or three days ago - only thing was the ground was already wet from rain, so none of it settled.

Weasyl
    RMC
    I, personally, am mixed on it.

For the holidays I love it. It's a good atmosphere and snow is always something you see around Christmas time. It's nice.

Any other time I dread it. I don't own a snowblower or a plow, so I either have to

A) pay some guy to plow my incredibly long drive way
    B) shovel it myself (PSST ITS ALWAYS THIS OPTION)

Driving in the stuff is also a pain. I don't own a large truck, so traveling in this stuff is pretty awful at times. Especially when it's coming down and no plow has been by in the area.

I do like making snowmen, though. So I guess snow isnt all that bad. But when it snows it snows HARD here. So it's always a thing I dread about winter.

Weasyl
    Dreaming
    No snow this year, which is great because I fucking hate the stuff. My body is like 0% fat so I always freeze no matter how many layers I wear, I wouldn't mind if the weather was stable but it's never stable here... when the snow falls, it brings every kind of terrible weather condition with it

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    I live in california so the only time I see snow is when I'm visiting relatives in the midwest and then I only stay for a few days and I don't have to shovel it or drive in it or anything! <: I get to see it just as this nice, pretty stuff to throw at my brother. So of course I love it! <:

I live in VA like OC, although I had the misfortune of experiencing the New Years snow in PA. For those who don't know, PA, specifically the Philadelphia area municipalities, are about as useless at clearing snow as North Carolina. Granted there was a solid week where the temperature never went above freezing, and granted there were 3 days straight where the high for the day was in single digits, but we're talking about a northeastern state where this happens every year. The roads were solid ice.

This most recent snow though is proving to be irritating. It has now turned to ice and is proceeding to take up street parking as far as the eye can see. Plows have made parking lots almost unusable.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #28

Weasyl
    Hendikins
    What's snow?

(I live in Sydney, Australia. It doesn't snow. At all.)
    Last edited by Hendikins; 02-17-2014 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Typo

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendikins View Post
    What's snow?

(I live n Sydney, Australia. It doesn't snow. At all.)
    Woot woot, high five for snowless places :v

Snow is like corn starch that, when mixed with road salt, turns into battery acid.
    Get a loada this guy here.
    https://twitter.com/DogdongD