Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    wwretched

How do you express your affection?

Valentine's day is tomorrow, or rather, a giant candy and chocolate sale is two days from now. With that in mind, let's start up a discussion about affection and love!

http://www.5lovelanguages.com/ is a good site that goes through the different fundamental types of ways to show love and through a short quiz it can help you determine which ones mean the most to you. Super helpful stuff if you're in a relationship and you want to get to know your partner better.

As for me, I'm tied between physical affection and words of affirmation. I'm super lame and really appreciate being told how much I'm loved or appreciated, and even something as little as "I like being around you" means the world to me and I'll probably cry. As for physical affection, I'm EXTREMELY picky about who can touch me. If I don't know you, or worse, if I don't feel comfortable around you I don't want your hands near or around me. I'm like a cat. But if I trust you enough to let you get physically close to me, I won't want you to leave. I'm a huge cuddler and love being the big spoon!!

So what ways do you like to be shown affection? What about your partner(s)? Let's talk sweet stuff!
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

Weasyl
    N/A
    I love giving all the snugs, cuddles, and kisses to someone I love.

I also like being told "I love you" every once in a while.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    zenia
    I am uncomfortable with people touching me (unless they are a significant other) so friends/family I appreciate being told that they care for me. MAYBE hugs.

If I had a partner, I would love cuddles and kisses and sexy-times. All the time. Well, maybe not as much in hot weather... but if they bought me an air conditioner as a token of their affection, they'd get more touching time. XD

I don't think anyone besides my grandma and sister love me though. lol

Weasyl
    Ratte
    I like hugs, backrubs, footrubs (I'm on my feet a lot during the day), and cuddles sometimes. I'm a really cuddly person.

I show my affection by cuddling and rubbing my face on someone. I'm not a kissy person so I guess that's how I make up for it.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I... don't know, actually. I just sort of assume other people use common sense and know I care for 'em and don't need me to tell 'em I love 'em every second 'cause that's pretty redundant. I also don't know what the big deal about kisses is, it's like everyone is obsessed with exchanging drool and having trouble breathing for hours; gross.

I did this little test thingy, and it told me the biggest ones were words of affirmation and quality time. Makes sense I guess, I'm not too keen on touching or being gifted tons of stuff.
    Not to say I'd dislike hugs and snuggles.

Weasyl
    Vae
    It was really hard to pick options in that quiz, because none of them were "We beat each other because we love each other." :v
    But seriously, a lot of it didn't apply.
    I did, however, get gifts and touch. Which I guess means that I am both materialistic, and cuddly.

Personally speaking, I am quite a bit touchy-feely in my affection.
    I'm also insanely fucking loyal, and sometimes bordering on the obsessive (if it's reciprocated).
    The person I love comes full priority in my life.
    Resident Koopa Trash

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I like being around you, wwretched ~ ~
    ...Your name makes compliments hard.

I did that thing and got quality time. Which is pretty accurate, I guess.

As for my own answer - I just be Hewge, y'know?

Weasyl
    ZaryaRaccoon
    I didn't like that quiz. One or the other of such repetition...

I like to hug. And snuggle. I'll do it with really anyone, though. Haven't had love in my life. Just...I dunno.
    I do enjoy being around people. But there is a certain proof of trust, affection, etc. when someone will touch you.
    *sniffle*

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Got "Acts of Service".

My way of affection? Pretend to ignore them and focus on doing nothing but playing games or doing tasks that don't involve them. However, always be ready to be there to assist them when needed.

The "Never there for them yet always there for them" approach. I like to keep my distance.

BUT TOUCHING IS BANNED.