Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "You tried"?

"You tried"?

I wasn't really sure where to ask this - hopefully this forum is appropriate.

I noticed some users have a banner that says "You tried" under their icon. What does this signify?

Weasyl
    MakePupsNotWar
    Dude, I have no idea! I asked at least one person that but nobody every said o3o
    Yeah? well, y'know...that's just like, your opinion, man.

Like Chess? Play with me! Just drop me a PM whenever you're down. I have a chess.com account, and I can also set up a game with you on lichess (no subscription process or login required) whenever you like.

Weasyl
    LeoTheDog
    "You tried" is a joke from a thread on the forum. It has no meaning and/or purpose. Just looks.

(To be honest, I just asked an admin for it and he gave it to me. Dunno if they'd do it again? worth a shot.)

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    We tried.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    it's just a goofy little joke from a thread a while back. Everyone can have one, just message Taw (the forum director) and he should be able to give you one.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Weasyl
    Taw
    It's mentioned in the Forum FAQ: https://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/...t.php?f=16&a=4

Kind of hard to spot at first though, but it's there!

Yep! T'was a wee silly joke a while ago that spread a bit, then a bit more... then suddenly everyone had the badge

Weasyl
    Zeta-Neubourn
    Yeesh, I read that as "You Tired"... I must be tired. Sounds like my life in a nutshell. I guess it'd have a coffee with a Z on it, rather than a star. |D

But yeah, I didn't actually know you could just... ask for it. Or what it meant. I was gonna ask, but you beat me to it.