Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    Kaedal
    He's an idealised version of myself, personality wise. Subject to the same problems and all that. And a sexy wolf, of course. I've thought of using him in a story or something, and I'm pretty sure he'd make an interesting challenge, since he's based on my own personality.

Oh yes. So. An online avatar, an idealised projection and a sexy bastard. Now stroke my ego.

Weasyl
    Sylver
    I think my fursona is just an improved version of myself, in a way.

Nothing more to it I'm afraid

Tycho Aussie is a hyper, people loving ham. I use my fursona for entertaining people in my community, as well as at work, on occasion. I've taken my fursona and fursuit to professional conventions, and it helps distinguish this scientist from the thousands of others at the convention because everyone remembers the big dog! All I need to say is "The aussie shepherd at the convention" and they all say "Oh, I remember you!".

Weasyl
    Nami
    LoL. Nothing really. I use them when I need something to draw and at conventions I go by my fursona's name. I don't roleplay, I don't like what roleplaying turns into in the furry fandom.

Weasyl
    Umbra.Exe
    Quote Originally Posted by tychoaussie View Post
    Tycho Aussie is a hyper, people loving ham. I use my fursona for entertaining people in my community, as well as at work, on occasion. I've taken my fursona and fursuit to professional conventions, and it helps distinguish this scientist from the thousands of others at the convention because everyone remembers the big dog! All I need to say is "The aussie shepherd at the convention" and they all say "Oh, I remember you!".
    Wait... You're the suiter from this pic, aren't you? Mind providing a little context? XD (Very nice suit, by the way.)

As for the main topic, I just use my 'sona, Umbra, as an avatar of sorts... Usually for derpy little doodles or comics of stuff I feel, or funny things that happen to me. Umbra doesn't have a backstory of their own, and their personality is similar to mine, although possibly a little goofier.

Weasyl
    Agitoho
    Agitoho is sort of an odd case. I created my own version of Hell, based on other interpretations of Lucifer's fall, and he's the Prince, as well as a Devil. As a result, he's overpowered, so I couldn't use him in an RP if I wanted to be fair about it. He represents the me I wish I could be, someone who isn't so shy, someone who'll always speak his mind. However, he's old, to reflect how it feels like I've been "here" forever. Because he's lived for so long, he occasionally has an existential crisis based on the fear that he's seen everything and will wake up one day with nothing to do. He eventually finds his mate and has a child, which sort of helps him out a bit. He's got his own life, his own story, family and friends. He's more of ideal I'd like to reach and not necessarily me. However, as far as personas go, I've had him the longest and it's easy to slip into his mindset, so I feel like he's a part of me.
    No matter what happens, I will have always produced more visible work on my solo project than Ken Penders has on his in the last five years.

I write and draw a manga. It's like a backwards comic. Give it shot, bro.

"You can't just slap "& Knuckles" onto everything." & Knuckles

Weasyl
    N/A
    This gorgeous Hawaiian shirt clad canine to my left is just an online avatar for now. Maybe someday a fursuit but i probably won't ever be able to afford it. The name was taken from my first D&D character though.
    WHO STOLE MAH MUFFINS!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaedal View Post
    He's an idealised version of myself, personality wise. Subject to the same problems and all that. And a sexy wolf, of course. I've thought of using him in a story or something, and I'm pretty sure he'd make an interesting challenge, since he's based on my own personality.

Oh yes. So. An online avatar, an idealised projection and a sexy bastard. Now stroke my ego.
    Your ego is so.... BIG!!! *strokes ego* And it smells quite pungent.

Anyways. Back to the OP. I created Mei as a projection of myself. We share the same personality, eye color, likes/dislikes, etc. Honestly I never thought I would get so sucked into the fandom, but I dove in headfirst and am now enjoying some character RP on this forum as well. I love nerding out :3

I have used the name 'Mei' in various MMORPG/online games for years now, so it was easy to stick with it ^^ IRL my name is Mia, so it's not to far off :p

Weasyl
    Pignog
    My fursona is Otto von Bismarck and I'm going to paint him in a small pool enjoying a heineken and hotdog.

Weasyl
    jerry
    It's just a cartoon version of me. I don't feel the need to make him entirely different from me. The little things I add/change are mostly eye candy LOL.