Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    epitomefox
    For some games. My username on furcadia. Just random stuff. Oh and the new fursuit. Can't forget that.

Weasyl
    keyra
    i was talking about this with my friend and i feel like there are three sorts of groups here:

1) people who have fursonas because of their general interest of the animal, etc
    2) people who do it for the sake of doing so, because why not
    3) people who draw symbolism for themselves, using the fursona as an extension of self-expression

there are overlaps to this, certainly; i fall within all three of the groups, for example

Weasyl
    SweetSushi
    I do not roleplay, but I do use the character to represent myself. It just started as something, hey I need/or want a fursona, hmm what animal should I use? Ohh thats fun lets make it a Mammoth cause I like Elephants ^_^ And being furry why not make it a fluffy mammoth. Pink, I love pink, lets use that! I gave here attributes of my own, but I just mixed it with fantasy/fiction background story and all that what I like or enjoy.

Atm I just simply like to draw her myself or commission her for all kind of art and themes I like. I made her a magical girl, cause well why not right? I like it ^_^!I have allot of stories in mind, eventually the idea is to use her as the main heroine for my comic ♥ but for now, she is me and will represent me and my art and anything furry, artist or me related ♥

Weasyl
    WolfNightV4X1
    For representing myself as an idealized animal version of myself. I draw her a lot too
    Howl 'Havoc' and let slip the wolves of war

Weasyl
    PapayaShark
    Just me as an anthro devil I suppose. Just how I choose to present myself in the online world.

Weasyl
    Matthew Wolfbane
    Sometimes for role playing, when a friend wants to, but other characters have that as their main purpose.
    This one, though, is both a representation of myself and the protagonist of a story I'm trying to get written someday.

Weasyl
    hareteeth
    I have a bunch, mostly just animals/creatures that I feel are like my "self", I draw whichever one based on what shapes I want to make. It's mostly just visual shorthand for "me", instead of trying to draw my physical self...heck, even when I draw a "human me" I slap demon wings and a tail on that sucker! I like to believe that it signals that it's fantasy, that I'm not trying to totally be accurate or worry about actually making a portrait, because I nag on it otherwise.
    apathetic.

Weasyl
    TwinkJinx
    kind of like a mascot, i guess? i use him to represent and express my thoughts and desires and the way i view myself as a person. he is me in every way except physically, but i am not him if that makes sense.

I guess they're a representation of myself in some ways. Only used for the Furry fandom as well as giving me something to draw and practice anthro. :3
    Last edited by Rokusho; 01-02-2015 at 10:21 AM.
    Icon by Sixel

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #70
    Weasyl
    NovaCaine
    For me? Just artwork usually. I don't role play all that much, and in the Fandom she represents me.
    So when I go to conventions and such I just wear my badges so people can identify me.
    I have a secret.​
    A dark, furry secret with big teeth.​
    Less a secret, really - more a wolf.