Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crafting

Weasyl
    Kat

Crafting

I am a big crafter and jewelry maker. My current obsession is chainmaille. Any other crafters on here?

Weasyl
    wwretched
    Oh man, chainmaille is so awesome, I'd love to get into that some day! ;w;

I don't really know if this counts, but I'm getting into candle making! I'm waiting for my third one to partially harden so I can release the air bubbles and then do a re-pour. Next month I'm going to a workshop on candles, soaps, and bath bombs that I'm pretty excited about! I just want to do All The Things Ever.

I sew, mostly cosplays. I've worked on Ezio Audtiore from AC2 and Eridan Ampora from Homestuck, The former was godawful as a second sewing project; the latter, a breeze. My next cosplay is Gundam Tanaka from SDR2 and I'm gonna detail the hell out of it, I can't wait until I actually have money /sobs

Do you have any examples of your work? I'd love to see what you do!
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

Weasyl
    willy
    I guess you could say my main craft is sewing. I do cosplay stuff for cons and I mainly work with fleece. Which has good and bad to it. On one hand, fleece is thick but because it's thick it's hot too. So far the only things I've made were an Umbreon kigurumi, a Leafeon hoodie for one of my friends, and a Teddie kigurumi. I've also been working a bit with foam too so I can start making full on suits. With that being said, my next big project is going to be Monobear from Dangan Ronpa. My main goal is to make it similar to this guy

I've also knitted a bit but I can only really make scarves. :B

I do a lot of crocheting. I mainly design amigurumi. I'm working on a book that I'll finish some day! D:

Weasyl
    Kat

Weasyl
    Carnau / Issy / Isra
    When I'm not drawing or studying I do enjoy crochet & knitting :3
    I never upload my work or hold on to them however, that is to say much of them end up going to charity. You know, people who really need that warm knitted stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by voicebox64
    Now he can have all the turkey with pillowy mounds of mashed potatoes, butter drenched dressing and tiny onions swimming in a sea of cream sauce he wants.

I've got a little baby table loom with my name on it in storage. I really love weaving...although I'm worried I won't remember how to set up and stuff by the time I get the space for it. I'm not very good at weaving granted, but when I've had access to a loom it's been very fun and relaxing to do.

I'd like to learn how to make stuffed animals and stuff some day, but it's not something I can do right now.
    Last edited by lorenith; 02-13-2014 at 01:54 PM.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Kat
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    I'd like to learn how to make stuffed animals and stuff some day, but it's not something I can do right now.
    Same. I always follow the patterns but they always just end up looking bad. I just need practice I guess but i don't think i have enough patience.

Weasyl
    larkspurdragon
    I do a lot of knitting, mostly amigurumi but also some garments and accessories and such. I have a bunch here: https://www.weasyl.com/submissions/l...folderid=18320

Weasyl
    Midsummer Aria
    Here's another amigurumi addict! :D I prefer crocheted dolls, but I put them in knitted outfits. I'm so glad there are others that crochet amigurumi on here, I usually have to explain what it is whenever I mention it!

Crafters rule.