Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Weasyl
    sassySloth

The Ponies: The Thread

Anybody watch that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic show? (I didn't find another thread for this).

I enjoy the pones. New seasons going well methinks. Latest episode "Simple Ways" was fairly average. Rarity really saved it. Also I'm loving all the Derpy jokes lately. A lot.

How about y'all? And anyone else read the comics?
    Watch me swooce right in.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    I saw the first season and I think a couple episodes into the second season. I was told the third season was pretty underwhelming so I never bothered to watch any of it. Ponies are pretty alright.

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    I've seen up through season 3. I haven't touched the newest one yet, mostly because I like to marathon seasons. I've heard the same- that it's underwhelming and disappointing. I'll see, though.

Weasyl
    Runefox
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratte View Post
    I saw the first season and I think a couple episodes into the second season. I was told the third season was pretty underwhelming so I never bothered to watch any of it. Ponies are pretty alright.
    This in its entirety is my whole experience with ponies. My opinion is much the same: It's alright. It wasn't a major catalyst for change in my life or anything like it seems to be for some people...

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Runefox View Post
    This in its entirety is my whole experience with ponies. My opinion is much the same: It's alright. It wasn't a major catalyst for change in my life or anything like it seems to be for some people...
    I'll be honest, I think a lot of it has to do with it being "not the norm" as far as fandoms/interests go, and the trend did what any trend does and grew over time, to the point where it's, uh, a little less than sane. Like most fandom cores I suppose, ugh.

It's an alright show but there will always be fanatics, etc.

I like how they're really downplaying this whole "Hey, let's try and add some kind of continuity to the season with the tree of harmony".

Four episodes into the season and they apparently forgot those keys they had to find ever existed.

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    I like how they're really downplaying this whole "Hey, let's try and add some kind of continuity to the season with the tree of harmony".

Four episodes into the season and they apparently forgot those keys they had to find ever existed.
    At this point it's pretty ridiculous yeah. I was giving them some leeway, but it's been -a while- since we're heard anything about the key box.

I'm sure it'll be covered in the season finale.

Twilight: Alright ponies, let's look for these keys.
    other five and Spike: You mean the keys that we've never mentioned the entire season after forgetting about them in episode 3?
    Twilight: Of course!
    Villain: Muahahaha! I am an evil villain! I have been an important part of Equestria's history!
    Twilight: Oh no! I somehow haven't heard of you like I haven't heard of Discord, even though you appear to be important, and Celestia has conveniently never thought to tell me anything.
    Villain: What about Sunset Shim-
    *Twilight runs up and lights on fire*
    Twilight: THERE WAS NO MOVIE!!!
    Villain: I am looking for the keys to open this box! You can't beat me.
    *random artifacts from the season appear and turn into the keys*
    Twilight: We have something else now! DEUS... EX... MACHINA!!!!
    Villain: NOOOOOOOOOOEEESSSS!
    Celestia: They were right under your noses the entire time, Twilight.
    Mane six and Spike: Of course! The lessons we learned the entire season!
    Celestia: I knew you would learn these.
    Mane Six and Spike: ... you seriously knew the entire time?
    Celestia: Of course.
    Twilight: Fortunately we're too stupid to call her out on denying crucial information from us!

Weasyl
    sassySloth
    Quote Originally Posted by Digitalpotato View Post
    Celestia: I knew you would learn these.
    LOL. More like Plot Device Celestia.

I quite enjoy the series but I would agree that season 3 was the least likeable.

Really really adore Cheese Sandwich. Do the rubber motherfuckin' chicken dance.

Haven't read the comics. Saw the movie, wasn't.... TERRIBLE but it certainly didn't hold the same quality as the series.