Weasyl
    N/A

I got a Monoprice tablet

Weasyl
    Ruggy
    I had similar problems. What I had to do was disable Windows 7's tablet features and it works fine, for me. I think I used this guide. Have you tried anything similar yet?
    Formerly gorgonops. I do art-type stuff.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by gorgonops View Post
    I had similar problems. What I had to do was disable Windows 7's tablet features and it works fine, for me. I think I used this guide. Have you tried anything similar yet?
    I've tried that

I've boxed up my Monoprice and may try it out again another time.

Meanwhile, my Wacom tablet now no longer detects pressure in any program I use it in (except in its properties menu) and my usual ways of fixing this problem don't work.

GOD FUCKING DAMN IT

Edit:

Finally fixed the Wacom. Monoprice is staying in the box for an indefinite amount of time.

I don't think it's a coincidence that people like Frenden who praise the Monoprice also happen to be using Macs.

Holy shit, Windows is abysmal for this sort of thing.
    Last edited by FishNChips; 02-11-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    I use a Monoprice tablet with Paint Tool SAI on a Windows 7 system without issue. :x

Driver conflicts almost certainly have something to do with it though given that you already had Wacom drivers installed.
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    I use a Monoprice tablet with Paint Tool SAI on a Windows 7 system without issue. :x

Driver conflicts almost certainly have something to do with it though given that you already had Wacom drivers installed.
    Yeah, I thought someone here would have one that's been working just fine.

I've been meaning to do a total revamp of my battlestation workstation at home, gosh how I'd love to at least have a freshly formatted hard drive to avoid these problems and other inefficiencies (but I have loads of stuff I need to save).

I actually really wanted to get a medium Intuos 3, but those are discontinued. I know of people who have been producing for commissions on one of those for like 7 years.

My Intuos4 is small and while it works perfectly well when there's no driver dickery, the surface is rather worn in the middle from my chicken scratching 4 years of use and the heavy friction coupled with nails-on-a-chalkboard feeling on the stylus is not at all nice for a non-hovering sketcher like me despite my now light-as-hell pressure settings, so I've been wanting to get a bigger replacement so I can draw with my arm freely and be comfy.

I could just get a surface sheet replacement but they're oddly expensive from the Wacom site last time I checked, and with the whole Intuos Pro thing I doubt they're going to be around much longer (and the idea of the new multi-touch gesture support terrifies me and wireless can go eat a winkle).

If you do get another wacom I don't think you'll have to worry about the multi-touch stuff as you should be able to turn it off.

You can on the bamboo anyway, I imagine if the lowest end wacom tablet can turn it off, than the higher level ones like the intuos, or whatever succeeds it should also be able to turn that functionality off.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    The touch is default in the US. In Europe they were selling the ones with touch at at a premium. I do not know if this is the case for the intuos pro which is just the intuos 5 touch with minor improvements.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Wacom master brand.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    The touch is default in the US. In Europe they were selling the ones with touch at at a premium. I do not know if this is the case for the intuos pro which is just the intuos 5 touch with minor improvements.
    It's default on mine too, but one of the buttons was by default mapped so you could push it to turn it off.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Quote Originally Posted by lorenith View Post
    It's default on mine too, but one of the buttons was by default mapped so you could push it to turn it off.
    No, I don't think you're understanding what I was saying. Europe used to have to pay more for a touch model. Prior to the Pro the intuos 5 came in 2 different versions. One had touch, the other didn't. If they wanted touch they had to pay more for it.

Europe usually has to pay more for items that usually come "free" for the same price in the US. The intuos 4 you had to pay for a mouse, the US got one for free. The intuos 5 came with touch features, Europe had to pay more to get those features.

That's why I was unsure if Wacom finally gave Europe a version comparable in price a tablet that we have in the states.