Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by wwretched View Post
    To go along with the legs discussion, I'm excited to show of this reference I found the other day! It's a really good visual guide.

    In addition, on the first view the head appears to be a bit smaller compared to the rest of the character. In the other views it looks fine, so perhaps scaling it up a bit would help. The neck on the third view also looks a bit strained, as if they're pulling their head back at an impossible angle. Moving the head and neck forward a bit might help it to feel more natural. And as a general thing, watch the fur. There's a lot of detail on it and I'm not sure if you're going for a messy look but that's how it's appearing. I guess just be aware of the detail? It's not a bad thing, but just keep an eye on it so that it doesn't go overboard.

    Otherwise good work! You've got a really nice grasp on anatomy.
    Im also interested in the readable fullsize of that Image^^ As for the Head i honestly didnt notice that part about the size,
    thanks for noting it as for the neck i see what you mean thru together with a long torso i also desired a longer neck that mounts behind the skull like a feral Animal or Dragon instead of directly under like a human...

    And the Hairyness is completly desired as part of the redesign and seeing how people reference from the last reference i made for another one of my hairy characters i see a need for for actual texturing so they actualy draw fur instead of just colored skin. People who draw that Character also do the fur correctly but dont do that with my fursona because the actual thinkness of the Fur is not visble on the fursonas reference. Its to also note that this is still in the sketch phase so of cource it looks a bit messy.

    One more thing, thanks for the praise, but as mentioned in the OP this is a wip for a new Fursona Reference Sheet ive commissioned on FA, in short i did not draw this.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Also something that just came to mind how much would you say he/she weighs roughly? Im still deciding if i should have him be 8 Foot 3 or 9 Foot 3 Tall so answers on both would be welcome.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Do you happen to have that in a bigger picture? I wouldn't mind reading over it. xD!
    There isn't anything written in it. All the boxes say are "info" " headshot" "pendant"

  3. #13
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    PM wwretched and ask where it was from?

    I did find these sites that have useful information as well.

    http://myths-made-real.blogspot.com/...g-furries.html

    http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    PM wwretched and ask where it was from?

    I did find these sites that have useful information as well.

    http://myths-made-real.blogspot.com/...g-furries.html

    http://hippie.nu/~unicorn/tut/xhtml/

    These are great tutorials, but I feel it would be much more helpful to give crit and the tutorials to the artist rather then the commissioner.

    Are you relaying info or does the artist actually come here and read these?

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    These are great tutorials, but I feel it would be much more helpful to give crit and the tutorials to the artist rather then the commissioner.

    Are you relaying info or does the artist actually come here and read these?
    directly no and far as i know she only has a DA and FA.

    And to be clear this is a Reference Sheet that shes largely doing thru my direction and not independent so the advice is more useful for me to give her correct guidance if any changes are needed. I cant give the Artist free reign because the character is not a standard Anthro, it has a Body that Artist arnt use to drawing...

    PS: This is also not a crit on her Art but rather the anatomy of my character. im only questioning about the structure of my character not the skill of the Artist.

  6. #16
    Regular wwretched's Avatar
    Weasyl
    wwretched
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Gender
    Genderqueer Demiboy
    Posts
    86
    For everyone asking, I found the larger image! sorry about that, I didn't realize it would be so small! Here you go!

    And I didn't realize that you didn't draw this; perhaps it would be best for the artist to ask for critique rather than the commissioner? Or perhaps link the artist to this thread. However, unless you got the okay from the artist, there does seem something a bit off about posting a thread critiquing their work without their permission. However, if you've got their permission then continue on.
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

  7. #17
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    These are great tutorials, but I feel it would be much more helpful to give crit and the tutorials to the artist rather then the commissioner.

    Are you relaying info or does the artist actually come here and read these?
    I was relaying the info because people seemed to be interested in mixing anatomy so I gave them relevant links.

    I do think though I will back off on critiques on this work because I wasn't aware it wasn't the OP's but if it's a commission he's getting I don't see too much harm in getting feedback on design if he wants something that works it's his commission. I only gave advice that the legs could be built stronger.

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I was relaying the info because people seemed to be interested in mixing anatomy so I gave them relevant links.

    I do think though I will back off on critiques on this work because I wasn't aware it wasn't the OP's but if it's a commission he's getting I don't see too much harm in getting feedback on design if he wants something that works it's his commission. I only gave advice that the legs could be built stronger.

    O this statement was not meant to be a negative response aimed at you QT. Just my thoughts in general, the way I wrote it, I could see it being taken personally, so I feel I must apologies for it.

  9. #19
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    No worries. I didn't want to come off critiquing the piece in detail.

  10. #20
    Well its sad to hear that you all are mistaking me for trying to disrespect the Artist so il just close this Thread.

    To be clear this was not ment to have any ill attentions in anyway and no i did not link her to this posting because as said before this did not concern her art skill but rather the anatomy of my Character im having her redesign in a new Reference sheet under my direction. And it was clearly said in the OP that the drawing was a wip for a Reference sheet i commissioned so im honestly surprized so many didnt see that.

    Again im sorry you are taking this the wrong way.

    You can note me if you wanna respond.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •