Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion

Painty artwork type thingy!

the first thing i notice is the face, the face isn't the correct shape, the head is very circular and the nose very square and the way its attached looks very awkward.
    I think you should look at animal faces to get a better idea of this position

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    the first thing i notice is the face, the face isn't the correct shape, the head is very circular and the nose very square and the way its attached looks very awkward.
    I think you should look at animal faces to get a better idea of this position
    Mmkay. I knew there was stuff off with the head and face, but I keep forgetting to use refs ; o ; Thank you!

--edit--
    Mmkay I think what I did is I made the head too tall? I'mma try again and see if that helps at all ;c
    Last edited by BlissfulOblivion; 02-08-2014 at 09:54 PM. Reason: omfg why would i say that im an asshole im so sorry please ignore me ;o;

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Last edited by BlissfulOblivion; 02-09-2014 at 12:38 AM.

AH yes, sorry I was not online. I would say the head is a bit too tall and I usually put more of an angle where the nose meets the face. Your character may just look like that, but it does look better.
    And using ref's its a good thing to remember, sometimes I also forget.

This new one looks quite a bit better imo. the overall anatomy is decent and I think once you start to color and shade it you can really bring out more shape and details.

I wonder about the tail though, its like he is jumping but his tail is in the opposite direction of movement is it not?

I think most of the shapes are good, its up to you if you want to add more muscular definition etc.

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammacha View Post
    AH yes, sorry I was not online. I would say the head is a bit too tall and I usually put more of an angle where the nose meets the face. Your character may just look like that, but it does look better.
    And using ref's its a good thing to remember, sometimes I also forget.

This new one looks quite a bit better imo. the overall anatomy is decent and I think once you start to color and shade it you can really bring out more shape and details.

I wonder about the tail though, its like he is jumping but his tail is in the opposite direction of movement is it not?

I think most of the shapes are good, its up to you if you want to add more muscular definition etc.
    S'all good :P Yeah, I think it looks pretty okay now. I just went ahead and started coloring.
    Ugh, I alllllways forget to use refs ; ∩ ; I need to like staple it to my computer or something... //sigh; ohwell. I did use a ref on the body position. if you can call trying it out yourself a ref :v

The body position is a little ambiguous and at least two of the backgrounds I'm making will make it a little more obvious; his motion is actually going towards his foot, not away from it. Hence, the tail is following.
    Thanks for all your help . v .

Quote Originally Posted by BlissfulOblivion View Post
    S'all good Yeah, I think it looks pretty okay now. I just went ahead and started coloring.
    Ugh, I alllllways forget to use refs ; ∩ ; I need to like staple it to my computer or something... //sigh; ohwell. I did use a ref on the body position. if you can call trying it out yourself a ref :v

The body position is a little ambiguous and at least two of the backgrounds I'm making will make it a little more obvious; his motion is actually going towards his foot, not away from it. Hence, the tail is following.
    Thanks for all your help . v .

ah ok, I thought that might have been the case, but it was worth a mention!
    Good luck coloring, finding a style you like to work with can be quite hard, I'll be happy to see how it goes if you decide to show it

Weasyl
    Bliss.in.Oblivion

Weasyl
    wwretched
    For fire, that doesn't look half bad. It's mostly the colors that cue me in, but also the shape a bit. Looking up pictures of fires can help a lot. There's usually thick angles of flames rather of thin strings. Also try using a harder brush--it seems counterintuitive but with blending you can achieve soft edges. A lot of beginning artists figure that softer=more realistic, but that's not always the case.

I suggest you look up basic digital painting tutorials, this one seems pretty handy! Ctrl + Paint has a lot of resources as well, take a look at their stuff and brush up (laugh) on the basics before you start on anything huge. Digital painting can be intimidating, but if you take it slow you should have no problem mastering it.
    dont even test me i swear to god im going to eat everything in this fucking state

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Well I thought I'd do a video because I don't think you're noticing some of the problems I may have written out before.

I apologize about the audio dropping out a bit at certain points, you can ask me to elaborate. But I feel the need to repeat this...

Please stop with the hairy lines!!!