Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sonic Boom

Character redesigns are alright, though Knuckles looks like he's been gettin' juiced. The game's concept so far sounds kind of promising, and as long as they don't screw up as horrifically as they have in the past they'll at least produce something reasonably fun. Local co-op could be a really cool idea, as could the whole switching-between-characters-to-accomplish-tasks-too-big-for-one thing they seem to be hinting at.

Weasyl
    Windthor
    I personally have no problems with Knuckles' new design. But then again, I'm not all that picky about most things to begin with. x3

I also love the direction they're going with Sonic, but I do hope that people will at least give it a chance, and not constantly bash it because it's "not a Sonic game". I personally enjoyed Sonic Unleashed's Werehog stages, and I'm personally going to keep my hopes up on this one

I think the bandages on sonics arms instead of gloves and his legs really take away from the character. I mean accessories are fine but thats like making him into some kind of fighter...

and wtf have they done to knuckles? they do know his name is a result of his knuckles right? >...>
    I can see people liking it... but I can see original fans hating it >.>

So overall review = sonic takes up some kind of fighting style, knuckles took some mega dosage of steroids which also made him grow taller and robotnik got liposuction

they really need to just re-invent a sonic adventure battle type of game... people loved that game. and I agree Runefox, that song is a must!

Weasyl
    RedLeFrench
    Quote Originally Posted by FriskyWoods View Post
    I just hope to heaven the cartoon is better than the one they recently made for Pac-Man.
    Well, seeing as how the SB cartoon is made by a French studio, I'm fairly confident it'll be at worst tolerable, at best, the best Sonic 'toon ever :3

Also, I love Tails' new redesign, makes him look like what he actually is: an inventor (that and I'm a sucker for goggles)

The more I see for it the more it grows on me...I think maybe the awkwardness in one of the first videos I saw may just be due to poor/incomplete rendering? Cause the second one I saw (sonic vs burn bot) was much better. Legs were really stiff and weird looking in the overview video, I couldn't place my finger on what it was till someone pointed out that in the past they've always been noodley rather than stiff and bendy.

I'm more optomistic about this than I have been for a sonic related thing in a while, and that's coming from someone that really enjoyed sonic colors. I think I'll get used to Knuckles, Tails looks rad, and well I'm mostly wondering if they've changed Amy's thing a bit, cause if she's still doing the chasing Sonic to make him her boyfriend thing I'm going to remain anywhere between ambivalent-hostile towards her.

It was funny at first watching some people flip tables over the changes, but I'm actually kind of tired of it now...
    Last edited by lorenith; 02-07-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weren't most of those games able to be played with one player as well ?

I've only played a bit of NSMB though and not the newest Mario game or any of those others, it seems a little crazy to make a game that only really works for multiplayer. Especially since word is that the games are going to be Nintendo exclusives, having it be multiplayer only would really hurt the games ability to sell I imagine.
    Fish heads! Fish heads! Rolly polly fish heads! Fish heads! Fish heads! Eat them up! Yum!

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I don't think I've ever even seen Sonic... or played a Sonic video game.

Weasyl
    willy
    Quote Originally Posted by XoPachi View Post
    Apparently this is being made by the old Sly Cooper and Crash Bandicoot people. If that's true, I'm literally not worried except for ONE thing. It looks like one of those 4 player co op games that's all the rage. No issue if it's a side thing, but I'm tired of it being the focus. I hated it in Ratchet All 4 One, Mario Wii, U, and 3D World. Only time I enjoyed that was Kirby 4.

So that's gonna suck for me.
    I guess it would depend on what they do with it. It would be really weird to make it solely a multiplayer game without making it playable for people who don't have friends want to play through the game by themselves. Especially if you're playing it on the 3DS.

I wouldn't mind if you get the option to toggle between your party members though.

Maybe if you can toggle through party members it'll be like Sonic Hero's only done right?

(Don't get me wrong I loved Sonic Hero's, but objectively speaking it was pretty poorly realized..wait did I already say this? I'm having conversations in several forums about sonic hero's right now @_@)

Weasyl
    Hewge
    I'd take his word for it, Willow. Those some mean-lookin' friends he got, yo.