Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Sonic Boom

Weasyl
    Bark

Sonic Boom

Blog here. SEGA Launches New Franchise Strategy for Sonic the Hedgehog with Sonic Boom.

Looks interesting and I hope it does well. Seems to only be coming for the Wii U and 3DS, though.

I'm having a hard time with Knuckles' more brawler look, which is totally appropriate... But ahh so weird. Meanwhile it seems like many people are complaining about Sonic's arms being blue.

I haven't played a new Sonic game in a loong time, but if Sonic Boom is anything like Adventure I will eat it uup.
    Last edited by Bark; 02-07-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Weasyl
    Mugourth
    I wonder if this will change the opinion of people who think "Durrr, all characters have the same body."

Still, Knuckles will take some time to get used to. Maybe if the head was a bit more proportioned to the body it would look better.

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Was there something wrong with Knuckles having a neck, or was it budget cuts?

Weasyl
    QTMelon

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    The bandages are just an overdone trope that...well wasn't really necessary for Sonic either (I think keeping it to Knuckles for the brawler type is fine)? I think they should still emphasize Knuckles...well knuckles. I think the overly large arms are scaling back what his namesake is.

But I actually think the scarf is cute on Sonic. Amy's changes are also welcome.

Weasyl
    willy
    Of all the things people are nitpicking about, they choose Sonic's arms?? I seriously didn't even notice they changed the color of his arms until this post.

Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    Was there something wrong with Knuckles having a neck, or was it budget cuts?
    I don't think Knuckles ever had a neck. But they sure didn't spare any expense in giving him pec implants :v

I kind of like the new style though with the exception of Knuckle's weird anatomy. The art that's also posted on there kind of makes them seem more like they have some personality.
    Hopefully it's a good game though. I haven't played a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 because all the newer ones looked kind of boring.

I just hope to heaven the cartoon is better than the one they recently made for Pac-Man.

Weasyl
    JackalTeeth
    I actually really like the new designs save for Knuckles' strange anatomy. Tails looks way more fitting for his character type, and I like the addition of a bandanna to Sonic (and the blue arms, the peach ones bothered me so much). Really like the subtle bandages on Amy as opposed to the SUPER OBVIOUS ones on Sonic though.

I'll probably play it.

Weasyl
    Runefox

If it doesn't have this in it, I'm not interested.

That said, holy shit, am I the only one who thinks the 2D drawings look WAY better than the 3D renders? I mean I get that Sega's been pushing the whole plastic figurine look for the past little while but holy shit, the art style and difference in expressiveness is night and day. I really want a 2D drawn Sonic game now.
    Last edited by Runefox; 02-07-2014 at 01:36 AM.