Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Weasyl
    Toshabi

What if Toshabi learned how to draw?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2

Weasyl
    Fayv
    looks cute. I really like the expressions you do with your stuff. not sure what to critique. His arms in the middle pic seem longer than any other variation. ape man long.

There's a lot of 3/4 view, I do the same thing with my stuff and need to force myself out of the habit, but it's understandable if you're just working out the basics.

Yeah I tried *shrug* he looks quite cute, I think most of the issues I see would get cleared up just getting comfortable with the character.

Fay brought up the same points I would have. That said, I was -really- hoping you'd open a sketchbook. Please keep them coming!

Weasyl
    Toshabi

Yeah...maybe I should request for my old name back.

Lol at that cartoon.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6

Weasyl
    Fayv
    I figured it was a matter of working out the character. A lot of the issues are just a bit of stiffness about the character because, you know, working it out. Looking forward to seeing more!

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Ooooh happy to see your arts now. I think for me, you're going to definitely work with line economy to give more of a flowing look for your character studies. I see that you mentioned Stanchfield already so have a look at his Lazy Lines lectures in his books.

Weasyl
    Toshabi
    I broke out my Stanchfield lectures and read up, and you're absolutely right QT. I can see exactly what Stanchfield and you were talking about with unmotivated lines. I have to admit, I draw for the sake of getting the character down, and unfortunately, I've been neglecting the intent behind each stroke I've been making. I'm going to be more concious of all my actions when drawing characters from now on by keeping in mind what each line represents andhow it will interact with the other forms that it's neighbors with.

Ugh, I'm even more eager to draw now, but the 5 hours of sleep I'm running on is burning me out for the night. I can't wait to produce results from the advice given.

Weasyl
    Fawna
    Every time I see this thread floating around I ask myself, "But... what if s/he didn't learn how?"|

expressions r kayut
    Click me.
    Or don't, I guess...

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    Never got to see your drawings before. Such qt kawaii-desu style, Desu-cordo senpai-tan-chan.

Does Discord actually draw though?