Weasyl
    hareteeth

I only believe in single-thread introduction areas, not intro boards; but here we go

I mean, do many people really read the individual threads? Thanks to those of you who do. I just think having a long-running thread to collect all the "HI I'm new!" posts tends to promote a more codified board culture and continued participation post-introduction.
    I suppose Weasyl might be too big for that kind of thing, but now we're at the awkward impasse where I don't know what to say because I'm generally bad at introducing myself.....

hi i'm batbot, AKA hareteeth, FKA xxow, I'm the cat who casually throws terms like "board culture" around the old brainpan.
    I like drinking almond milk and watching Star Trek. I recently finished reading Sleepwalk With Me by Mike Birbiglia, I'm sort of in the middle of several books, most accessible to me atm The Parable of the Sower by Octavia Butler.

I make comics; I have a long and needlessly existential relationship with the furry fandom; I used to be a semi-regular at some of the main East Coast smaller press comic cons; sometimes I feel internet old but then I think about people who have been around since Usenet and feel like I'm a neophyte.
    Did we have to state an age? idc, I'm 25 and currently I'm about to go play with a virtual pet goat to earn virtual "sugar stars". I preform normal circadian rhythms by approximating with melationin and coffee. I'm prone to bouts of extreme anxiety.

So, yup, hello. I like this alien

Weasyl
    N/A
    Hello :3
    I see that you're in the NYC area. That's pretty sweet. I'll be visiting there in the summer ^^
    Hope you enjoy your time on Weasyl :3
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Hello new person!

Yep, people really do check in here quite a lot to see if their favourite artists or friends have joined up. Then they see a thread they like the sound of and before you know it, they've said hello!

Almond milk? Isn't that meant to just be for cereal? (Also yay for Star Trek!)

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    Yep, people really do check in here quite a lot to see if their favourite artists or friends have joined up. Then they see a thread they like the sound of and before you know it, they've said hello!

Almond milk? Isn't that meant to just be for cereal? (Also yay for Star Trek!)
    I just come in here when I see interesting thread titles (which would be hampered if it was a single thread), and because I just creep through the forum all the time anyway. Was going to comment on this thread earlier but it must've slipped my mind.

Almond milk is great to drink! And also great for baking. And smoothies. And some good almond milk based ice cream. It's pretty versatile.

Welcome, at any rate! I'm about to join you in that 25+ age range (woo car rentals), and I do feel pretty old somehow. Have you ever heard of MICE? Just a pretty small little comic con up in Boston that I've been to before, was pretty neat.

Weasyl
    Stush
    Nice to meet ya~ I try and say hi to everyone who makes a welcome thread, so hello there. Hope you enjoy your time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    Almond milk is great to drink! And also great for baking. And smoothies. And some good almond milk based ice cream. It's pretty versatile.
    Actually, Almond milk ice cream sounds pretty nice