Posting from a 3DS Browser

EDIT:
    It is possible to post submissions using only a 3DS! Once you export an image to the photo gallery (for example, Colors 3D or Art Academy), you can upload it with the browser. However, in order to place two or more tags, you need to add your tags (separated by spaces) BEFORE you select the image to be uploaded, THEN you need to select the image from the 3DS's gallery.

------

It *almost* works, if you try it you'll currently get stuck since submissions require at least 2 tags, and the tag field only recognizes what you input as one, even if it contains spaces.

It would be neat to be able to post things drawn with 3DS software using the 3DS browser. I think this is the only hurdle preventing users from doing so!
    Last edited by katzenair; 05-19-2014 at 03:18 PM.

The 3DS has a browser? Oh.

If it's anything like the Wii browser then chances are it runs opera and to make it compatible you'd probably need to break compatibility for every other browser type.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    That's pretty neat, all I have is a DS lite.

Is it possible to take them from the 3DS by other means?

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    Weasyl
    Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    Is it possible to take them from the 3DS by other means?
    Pretty sure they can be transferred from the SD card to a computer with the drawing program, (Colors! 3D) but I don't have it on this 3DS so Idk for sure.

Weasyl
    armaina
    As long as it saves it as a readable format to the SD card, you can just pop it into a card reader and get the file that way. I've done it with in-game screen shots.

That being said - if there can be a way to have a form of mobile site with certain portable device browsers, that'd be fantastic. Art sites so rarely do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Pretty sure they can be transferred from the SD card to a computer with the drawing program, (Colors! 3D) but I don't have it on this 3DS so Idk for sure.
    Yup! When the 3DS browser is prompted for a file upload, it lets you choose from pictures found by the camera app. All those pictures can be found on the 3DS's SD card (likely in .jpg format). Colors! 3D exports images there as well.

maybe a drafts system could work as an alternative? allow people to upload say, 5 draft images from incompatible devices and then manually fill out the info later on PC?

just a thought

Quote Originally Posted by Nightpaws View Post
    maybe a drafts system could work as an alternative? allow people to upload say, 5 draft images from incompatible devices and then manually fill out the info later on PC?

just a thought
    Or just take the SD Card out of the 3DS and upload the pictures through a computer. In all seriousness, the 3DS browser is pretty barebones and not very good. For Weasyl to be compatible with it would break compatibility with every other browser, which is a terrible maneuver to do.

The web browsing software for the 3DS is extremely out of date, it'd be like trying to get this website to work for something like IE6 or worse. (for reference most websites only go as low as 7 in compatibility, and even that is considered super out of date, and super annoying to code for).