Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Weasyl
    Amaranth

Things you do instead of drawing what you meant to / wanted to draw.

I don't know about you, but I have adhd, and find myself distracted easily. Then at the end of the day I'm like fuck what happened I really wanted to work on ____.

Instead I'm playing minecraft, drawing other pointless doodles, painting textures just for the sake of practice, working on my website, finding gazillions of pictures that I think maybe I can use as reference material for a later picture (sometimes this is intended on being used for what I really want to be drawing, but ends up being me finding a bunch of other shit I want to use to draw from for other pictures).

Not saying that any of those activities are really bad or anything, just saying I sometimes let the day get away from me and I'm left being annoyed because I wanted to draw all day and get something accomplished and it just didn't happen.

What about you guys, what do you get distracted from your art / projects with?

Weasyl
    Stush
    Youtube videos, mostly!

Weasyl
    Gamedog
    I watch looots of documentaries. They give me inspiration to draw but then my inspiration craps out, so I watch more lol.

I procrasturbate on forums, watch YouTube videos and make/drink absolutely massive quantities of coffee! Can't be doing myself any favours but it just kinda happens.

Weasyl
    Zeitzbach
    When I play some random online games, they always end up taking at least 6 hours of my life per day for the next 2 months.

Good thing I Hearthstone isn't that addictive.

And ever since I began drafting and planning for fiction again, I've been keeping myself busy writing. These really prevent me from finishing my stuffs.

Weasyl
    Batty Krueger
    Turn page of sketchbook and try again.

Weasyl
    Hewge
    Don't really do this often. I like to stay disciplined.
    Although I guess when it happens, I'll just end up drawing something I wasn't intending to, which ends up being a good thing a lot of the time.

Sometimes I will just end up watching Twitch.tv or Youtube, but that's normally on days when I should be taking a rest from the draws anyway.

Sleep. I will sleep forever and get nothing done. It's currently my biggest problem. My bed is just too comfortable and I don't want to leave it.

Weasyl
    Ley
    Whenever I have art farts I tend to draw pretty cyclops women or doe people.

I dunno.

Weasyl
    Vae
    I get distracted from drawing pictures by drawing other pictures.

So I have a shit ton of unfinished pieces that I will probably never completely finish, or put a fraction of my full potential into, because the workload becomes overwhelming.
    Which leads to a lot of "Okay, I'm just going to flat color everything and randomly slap some shines on and maybe color the lineart just a little bit. Okay, done."
    Resident Koopa Trash