Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Students Assemble!

Weasyl
    Ratte
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank LeRenard View Post
    Yeah. I don't know how it is at Minot, but in some places they'll stick undergrad TA's in charge of the low-level lab classes. If not, bug one of your professors to get you a job in his/her lab, even if it's just inventorying chemicals or washing beakers or something. I think work-study covers things like that on occasion, and if not, do it in combination with work-study.
    I'll definitely look into that. Really any kind of work-study is fine, provided I can get into it. :p

Weasyl
    shane
    My freshman year at college begins in four days. It's a community college, so I'll still be at home, but I'm nervous about getting lost (and subsequently, being late for classes) on my first day. I've learned that getting lost is everyone's fear, though, so I don't feel too embarrassed about admitting it anymore.
    sometimes I wish for falling
    wish for the release
    wish for falling through the air
    to give me some relief

because falling's not the problem;
    when i'm falling, i'm in peace.
    it's only when i hit the ground
    it causes all the grief

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #23

Weasyl
    Fayv
    they're usually really understanding if you get a bit lost on the first day, just dont make a ruckus when you do fin the right room.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    they're usually really understanding if you get a bit lost on the first day, just dont make a ruckus when you do fin the right room.
    ^ This. My first day of university, I was fifteen minutes late to one of my classes because I got lost. (Seriously, that uni was huge.) The teacher was totally cool with it because I entered the room quietly and approached them after class to make sure I was still on the roster for not showing up during roll call.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Last edited by Larry; 07-05-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Weasyl
    Ratte
    So far things are doing well at college. My roommate is a real bitch but I should be getting that changed fairly soon, and since I'm not the one causing problems she'll probably be the one moving, hahaha. Been looking into getting a work-study job as a chem lab stockroom worker and I even got a $3000 scholarship. Turns out it helps to bug the finaid office about not getting a merit scholarship you should have. :>

Weasyl
    Rsyk
    I've had a decent time thus far. My comp class could not be simpler, which is a good thing. Starting in basic Javascript means that my workload for that class is virtually non-existent. Still, trying to catch up in my foreign language class is turning out to be a pain in the ass. The gap between what I learned in high school and what they start with in college is substantial. I'm gonna make it work somehow though.

Oh, and the people are decent, when I remember they exist. Having access to everything I need in the dorm makes it really easy to forget that I might be better served doing homework elsewhere.

Weasyl
    AtomiKamikaze

Weasyl
    Ratte
    So the labs will be at awful times for cell bio (5-7pm on tuesdays) but classes are going well at least. Also, I got a room change. Apparently word got around the halls about just how much of a bitch my former roommate was so like six people went with me to dinner. I got to meet people and they actually talked to me the whole time. Right after getting back from dinner with them and my new roommate I went and packed my stuff and moved up a floor. The RA's and RHD were understanding and apparently know my former roommate and just how bad she is, so I was allowed to move as soon as I could. Things are a lot better now, thankfully.

Weasyl
    Morphology
    Ratte: that's good that you were able to move in with a better roommate; awful roommates make it really hard to keep focused.

So I just finished week 1 of year 4 of pharmacy school, and already they're launching huge amounts of information at us but I feel like if I review a little of it each day, I can stay on top of it. And it's showing visible results: the first 2 quizzes we've taken in class are huge improvements from last semester's.