Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Students Assemble!

Students Assemble!

We're half-way through August, and for many that means a new school year is just around the corner! I'll be starting my freshman year in just under three weeks at an art school, and I'm very excited. I'm also excited for Weasyl's main site to be (relatively) open, so I can post my homework to there.

Are you looking forward to school? What do you want to study? And most relevant to this forum, how do you manage school with art?

(If you're not in school right now, feel free to post about what you miss the least! )

Weasyl
    N/A
    In a week I'll be starting my third semester of college. I'm not looking forward to it because of the lack of free time, but the social aspect and being around my friends will make up for that. I go to a small community college in my town and I like it a lot better than the university I went to years ago.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    I have to wait till 2014 till I'm eligible for the class I want to follow, which is video game developer.

Silly partnerships with Emploi-Québec to encourage people to go back to school requires normal students to actually quit school for two years before following their courses. Not a very effective way to encourage quitters if it causes more quitters, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibuuyk View Post
    I have to wait till 2014 till I'm eligible for the class I want to follow, which is video game developer.

Silly partnerships with Emploi-Québec to encourage people to go back to school requires normal students to actually quit school for two years before following their courses. Not a very effective way to encourage quitters if it causes more quitters, I'd say.
    It does sound silly. I guess you could just do other things before 2014; like learn C++ or something.

Did they gave a reason for the whole "quit school for two years before following their courses?"

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon_Unit01 View Post
    It does sound silly. I guess you could just do other things before 2014; like learn C++ or something.

Did they gave a reason for the whole "quit school for two years before following their courses?"
    I already have a diploma in computer science, so I already know C++, amongst other things

But ya, for people who quit high school, they have to wait six months, but for those who already went to college, they have to wait two years.

Weasyl
    Tiger
    I kinda am. I have two Computer Graphics technology (CGT) classes, both with the harshest instructor in the program. I almost failed 3 out of 6 assignments in his class last semester, including a project that took almost 40 hours. This semester I get repair a photo damaged by Hurricane Katrine to look brand new. Will be fun, right?

Although my other classes seem alright. Practical Applications will be hectic, I think (also having the harshest teacher), but I have Intro to Political Science and Ancient World History classes that I think will be interesting and (hopefully fun).

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Fayv
    I'm about to take twelve credits of grad courses. I am so excited! it's not retail, yeah!

Weasyl
    N/A
    Well I'm in the group for which now is two thirds of the way through the year. So no changes for me, I'll just be continuing with my masters degree. Also can't talk about classes because it's just a research project. It's cool though, still got more than a year before I need to worry about what to do afterwards.

I still find it really weird that Americans call university school. Is it just Americans or do other countries do it too? To me school is what you do before university/college and I think the vast majority of people here use the words the same way.
    "If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind."
    ~John Stuart Mill~

Furry News: http://www.flayrah.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuen Growlithe View Post
    I still find it really weird that Americans call university school. Is it just Americans or do other countries do it too? To me school is what you do before university/college and I think the vast majority of people here use the words the same way.
    I'm interested as well since I also refer to school in a similar way. Although I'm not sure exactly why.

Weasyl
    N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    I'm about to take twelve credits of grad courses. I am so excited! it's not retail, yeah!
    Ugh, retail. I've heard horror stories. You must be overjoyed. XD Congrats!