Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 82

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Project Community!

  1. #41
    Junior aelyrin's Avatar
    Weasyl
    aelyrin
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    So I created the Wishlist account, but I'm honestly not that great at providing information and making it look good...

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by aelyrin View Post
    As for the scavenger hunt, the only things I can think of to award the winner would be they get to choose the next things to look for, and they get some free art (worth up to a certain amount, determined by the one offering the art?). I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by Nowe View Post
    I think those would work out pretty well, actually. It gives people the chance to sort of "be in charge" and probably give more people the drive to participate when they have in mind that they can have the chance to be "it" :0
    Plus people run head over heels for free art, hahaha.
    Would it just be as simple as... find a thing, first person who finds it gets to both come up with new thing to find and get free art? Hmm... I think such a thing could be risky. Like, I imagine a lot of people would start it for the free art not really caring about creating something for others to find. Perhaps if there was a team running it but not participating? To apply you would have to come up with a hunt to provide first, the runners look over/approve it, and then implement it when that participant winners?
    But... hmm......

    What if there was the application period--where people who wanted to enter would come up with a hunt, like I said. But then all those hunts come together for one long event? Say, you have to sit out your own hunt, but participate in all the others. If you win one, you automatically get a prize. But there could be a collective prize, too. Say to the person who wins the most hunts? That way if a person wins one round, they could decide they got what they came for and drop out w/o any further work (cuz you know something like that would get people like it). Plus it would more evenly distribute the work. Hmmm... but, hm..
    I changed my mind.

    So what if we advertise it like, come up with a hunt that gets approved, then you get a free drawing as thank you! Your hunt will get included in the event, and you can participate but not in your own hunt. Anyone can join and participate at any time, and each scavenger hunt could be expanded over like one a week (if no one solves it within that time period, we say no one wins.) Each hunt could have its own prize and we could get different artists to offer up a small prize to these winners. And each week we would announce the hunt, and have the artist offering a prize for that week also advertise. There could be a collective contest, too. At the end of the entire event (after each hunt provided is finished), we could tally to see who hast the most wins. If no one has more than one or there is a tie, we could do a winners-only hunt to discover the winner that way. The person who has the most hunt wins could win a larger prize. Say a collection pool from art of all the providing prize artists, or one really big piece, etc. I think such a thing could work out pretty well like that, actually!

    It could be doubly cool if the hunts took place on Weasyl, to help promote lesser known artists, etc--by having to visit their pages and submissions or something like that, in order to find the info/reach whatever the end goal of the hunt is.



    Quote Originally Posted by ali View Post
    AAH I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR ALL OF THIS i don't know how well i can attribute my art to actual events but i wouldn't mind offering it as some sort of prize for events though if anyone wanted! especially excited for the oc ball idea and more secret exchanges *u*
    Oh, awesome! I added you to the list (also thanks for the journal promo! )



    Quote Originally Posted by DapperRabbit View Post
    I've been trying to keep up with this thread and I'm really hoping some events start happening soon as already I feel this place becoming quieter. Could someone please tell me what this ' Fantasias ' idea is, I've never heard of it and don't know how it'd work? :s

    I'm also wondering if there's already some contests happening for this cause? If so it'd be a good idea maybe for a place to see current contests (If there is any I'd love to take part and spread the word too) ^^
    Ahhh I am trying my best to keep it active (but it's of course a two-way street, gotta have people who wanna help out/plan/participate to really get it to stick with it --so yknow THANKS FOR STOPPING BY and commenting and keeping up w/ it--any sort of boosting helps!)

    As far as the Fantasia thing goes, you can find a better guide here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rE0/edit?pli=1
    Essentially, it's a big art event held on Pixiv each year where artists join a 'war' and draw images for it. There are different factions that people can join and post art to, with battles and whatnot. After each chapter, all the pageviews for drawings provided to each faction is tallied up and the faction with the most page views win that round. It's just a really cool event to get artists to interact together. By joining, you let people draw/play with your character as they see fit (of course no killing or permanent damages/alterations) and just... it's a lot of really cool ideas!

    (Lol still looking for people who have experience/knowledge w/ Pixiv's fantasia events to provide examples of past battles fkjsd;ds )

    Such as a contest being held here? For Project Community? : o
    Hmm... that could be a good idea... I would need some time (and probably help/ideas??? ) to come up with such a thing, though.

    As far as other contests users are holding, I post them if anyone tells me about them! : )



    Quote Originally Posted by aelyrin View Post
    So I created the Wishlist account, but I'm honestly not that great at providing information and making it look good...
    Oh, awesome!! I will add it to the list of projects in development.
    I will also put that you are looking for help, yes?
    Do you have any ideas of what information you DO want provided? Like a wishlist form?

  3. #43
    Premium User QT Melon's Avatar


    Weasyl
    QTMelon
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,478
    I think there are some good ideas in the opening post, but I feel the need to point out some things to be corrected.

    Keep your suggestions from being site specific. What I mean is that you have a suggestion when to post to FA. Keep in mind Weasyl isn't supposed to be anti FA or direct competitor, as Weasyl is trying to encompass more artists that may no longer use DA or other sites.

    I admiy I cringed a little reading that list because of it making look negative and leaving out many different artists trying to come here wondering if they are going to be involved in furry drama.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 02-04-2014 at 07:14 PM.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by QT Melon View Post
    I think there are some good ideas in the opening post, but I feel the need to point out some things to be corrected.

    Keep your suggestions from being site specific. What I mean is that you have a suggestion when to post to FA. Keep in mind Weasyl isn supposed to be anti FA or direct competitor, as Weasyl is trying to encompass more artists that may no longer usr DA or other sites.

    I admiy I cringed a little reading that list because of it making look negative and leaving out many different artists trying to come here wondering if they are going to be involved in furry drama.
    Oh you're right, I apologize! I will edit that all now.
    Sorry about that, I just copied it from a journal a while back that was more of a direct response to the FA exodus to help users switching there. /changes it now

    - - - Updated - - -

    Changed it, hopefully it's all good now? : )

  5. #45
    Junior aelyrin's Avatar
    Weasyl
    aelyrin
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    For the scavenger hunt, I was thinking there would be several things to look for, but I do like the idea of people being able to choose to just find one thing for a smaller prize. Having to provide something to hunt for to gain entry also sounds like a good idea. Definitely also liking your idea of a small thank-you gift for entering and having a pool of artists for larger prizes. I would most likely be willing to provide my services, but I'll also want to participate >w<

    Yes, definitely looking for help orz
    Since it's going to be a year-round thing instead of just wishlists for the holidays, I'm not entirely sure how to organise it. A form for wishlists is good, but it's the single wishes in the middle of the year I'm not sure how to manage.
    I also was thinking today that maybe there could be charity drives. c:

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by aelyrin View Post
    For the scavenger hunt, I was thinking there would be several things to look for, but I do like the idea of people being able to choose to just find one thing for a smaller prize. Having to provide something to hunt for to gain entry also sounds like a good idea. Definitely also liking your idea of a small thank-you gift for entering and having a pool of artists for larger prizes. I would most likely be willing to provide my services, but I'll also want to participate >w<

    Yes, definitely looking for help orz
    Since it's going to be a year-round thing instead of just wishlists for the holidays, I'm not entirely sure how to organise it. A form for wishlists is good, but it's the single wishes in the middle of the year I'm not sure how to manage.
    I also was thinking today that maybe there could be charity drives. c:
    Oh I definitely agree. I think each hunt should be a bit involved. If it's weasyl-specific hunts, a person could create a hunt by... having to find a submission or artist, and then leaving a comment there leading to another clue elsewhere type thing. I think 'find this one thing' w/o any steps would be kinda boring.

    You could have wishlists and single wishes lists? Say you have a master journal post, right? (or two separate depending how many there are) w/ links to lists as well as '____ wishes for ____' for single wishes. Anonymous gifts could be organized through the Wishlist account, such as 'A user wishes to offer you ____ from your wishlist.' and deliver it themselves, or say if it's money, get paypal and provide, etc.
    It might be nice to make a list of the most active wish-granters, and feature their wishlists along with it and encourage people to help their wishes out?
    I am unsure how to get people to help fulfill wishes, though, except for just relying on the goodness of people wanting to help...

    And charity drives? Such as...? : O

  7. #47
    Junior aelyrin's Avatar
    Weasyl
    aelyrin
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Oh, yes, that would also bring more activity to the hunt by getting the artists interested C:
    hm hm

    There tend to be a lot of wishlists, so yes, it would be at least two if I also did single wishes.
    Plus I was asked to organise them by wish, so it might end up being more. Almost everyone wishes for art, so that would probably be its own journal.
    I'm not sure how the anonymous thing would go for most things. Paypal would provide an email, and anything physical would have an address.
    I am now trying my hardest to not think too far into the future, hahah. A post office box for wishlist is just a silly idea at this point. xD
    Oh, yes, having a list of people who like to give would be good (More so that people can thank them than to ask for things, is what I hope will happen, heh).

    I'm not sure, really, whoooops
    But I'm thinking more like real charities, but also sometimes raising money for people on here who need it? It would be hard to moderate that and make sure they're genuine, though, that's why I'm thinking actual charities.
    Okay, so people can give to them any time and should only get the satisfaction of providing for people who need it, right? Of course some people want more than that, and I don't feel that's really a bad thing. So we could have a charity YCH auction or something similar. Or if you donate, you get a small thank-you image. I dunno *shrug* Just an unrefined thought.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by aelyrin View Post
    Oh, yes, that would also bring more activity to the hunt by getting the artists interested C:
    hm hm

    There tend to be a lot of wishlists, so yes, it would be at least two if I also did single wishes.
    Plus I was asked to organise them by wish, so it might end up being more. Almost everyone wishes for art, so that would probably be its own journal.
    I'm not sure how the anonymous thing would go for most things. Paypal would provide an email, and anything physical would have an address.
    I am now trying my hardest to not think too far into the future, hahah. A post office box for wishlist is just a silly idea at this point. xD
    Oh, yes, having a list of people who like to give would be good (More so that people can thank them than to ask for things, is what I hope will happen, heh).

    I'm not sure, really, whoooops
    But I'm thinking more like real charities, but also sometimes raising money for people on here who need it? It would be hard to moderate that and make sure they're genuine, though, that's why I'm thinking actual charities.
    Okay, so people can give to them any time and should only get the satisfaction of providing for people who need it, right? Of course some people want more than that, and I don't feel that's really a bad thing. So we could have a charity YCH auction or something similar. Or if you donate, you get a small thank-you image. I dunno *shrug* Just an unrefined thought.
    Oh, that's a good idea. OBVSLY a master post of some kinda is needed (to like list to the different journals w/ wishes), but separating wishes by type is also a good idea. /nodnod
    I think it was more just a throwing down an 'if needed' but yeah, you're right. I'm unsure how wishes could properly be filled anonymously.
    There could be a rule that you can't specifically ask artists or users to fulfill their wishes as a preemptive attack against people trying to bother common gift-givers. Say you can have wishes like 'I wish for art from _____' but you can't directly GO to that artist for it. If you do either of these things, there could be a punishment of removing that wish from your listings, or if repeated, possibly banning them from being listed at all.

    HMMMM I can see that being really nice/useful. Using the wishlist account to raise money for others could also be really nice, but could come about as needed. Say if someone really needs some help, could try to pull together artists willing to offering things to raise money. BUT YEAH that could be worked out later. I agree actual charities would be a lot safer/easier. And the YCH type thing is a really good idea, too. I think these types of things would probably go better after the account is up and running and if Weasyl gets more active, though...

    Maybe, as far as set-ups go... for artists who make long wishlist of many things, you could have a journal that is just links to full wishlists. It might be good to refresh wishlists after some time, though. Say half a year to a year, clear out wishlists any older than that? (They can be resubmitted)
    But then for specific, art-asking wishes it could be like a list, not necessarily links.

    _____ wishes for art from _______ of _____.
    ______ wishes for art of _______.
    ______ wishes for an adoptable from _______.
    etc
    You could organize them as types of requests w/in each journal too. So far art wishlists, you could have art from specific users, art of characters, adoptables, prints, products, etc --this would probably be good to organize as going/needed, though.

    I think I would begin by creating an about and rules--either on the front page or through links provided on the front. Also include that you are looking for help on the page, too?
    Then start by creating journals for specific wish types. Hmmm...
    I'm fairly good with organizing and can at least help with the set-up? If you write stuff up I can provide input on if I feel things would look better rearranged/organized otherwise if you'd like! I mean I feel I have a lot on my place already with this, so don't think I would have a lot of time to actually be a runner for the project itself, but I will do my best to help get it off the ground!

  9. #49
    Junior aelyrin's Avatar
    Weasyl
    aelyrin
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaku View Post
    Say you can have wishes like 'I wish for art from _____' but you can't directly GO to that artist for it.
    Well, of course if the buy art from the person, it's not so bad, except then they wouldn't need that wish if they can pay...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaku View Post
    HMMMM I can see that being really nice/useful. Using the wishlist account to raise money for others could also be really nice, but could come about as needed. BUT YEAH that could be worked out later.
    Yea, they're more of an into the future thing, but definitely a possibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaku View Post
    Maybe, as far as set-ups go... for artists who make long wishlist of many things, you could have a journal that is just links to full wishlists. It might be good to refresh wishlists after some time, though. Say half a year to a year, clear out wishlists any older than that? (They can be resubmitted)
    But then for specific, art-asking wishes it could be like a list, not necessarily links.

    _____ wishes for art from _______ of _____.
    ______ wishes for art of _______.
    ______ wishes for an adoptable from _______.
    etc
    You could organize them as types of requests w/in each journal too. So far art wishlists, you could have art from specific users, art of characters, adoptables, prints, products, etc --this would probably be good to organize as going/needed, though.
    Ah, yes, that would help with keeping things fresh and concise.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaku View Post
    I think I would begin by creating an about and rules--either on the front page or through links provided on the front. Also include that you are looking for help on the page, too?
    Then start by creating journals for specific wish types. Hmmm...
    I'm fairly good with organizing and can at least help with the set-up? If you write stuff up I can provide input on if I feel things would look better rearranged/organized otherwise if you'd like! I mean I feel I have a lot on my place already with this, so don't think I would have a lot of time to actually be a runner for the project itself, but I will do my best to help get it off the ground!
    I don't even know how to go about setting things up, hahah.
    But I could just post some basic info and you/anyone who wants to help can give pointers. Or, heck, completely redo it.

    hahah, and now I feel kind of bad for only responding with a few lines??
    I can't help it if there's nothing to say because I agree with everything >3<

  10. #50
    I haven't gotten through this whole thread yet, my apologies.
    But I would love to volunteer myself to help! I don't know if anyone has volunteered for this yet, but I'm interested in leading/organizing a Daily Drawing challenge, as I am currently doing that on my own and have a whole list of prompts written up.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •