Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Project Community!

Weasyl
    VernonCross
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaku View Post
    HMMMmmm....
    I think the forums are great, but a lot of times users won't really bother with them. I definitely feel most weasyl projects would be more beneficial if there is some sort of SOMETHING going on w/ the main site, too. Either like keeping updated tabs on journals, or a new account...
    I think a new account /tag system combo could work pretty well.
    You could make the account just as a place to store collections--journals tagged with ideas/props and drawings that follow through on them. It would be hard to get off the ground properly, though, without a fairly good chunk of people already willing to participate with it from the start, or without turning it into some sort of event/contest to get it rolling.

Or maybe! You could do the account thing, but also a thread. The thread could be for the more real time sketch and idea providing or something? Like a game.... comment an idea/prop (generated or your own), and draw the one in the comment above yours? : O
    true about getting the account running, though i'm sure if this project community really takes off we could get users interested, I've never actually managed this sort of thing with lots of people before but i'd be willing to try it out.

I do like the thread idea, yesss, that way it'd also be a nice place for people to throw quick ideas up even if they don't ever plan to use them. I get tons of ideas i never get to go through on and i often forget about them. M'not sure if that'd be good for keeping it generic enough that artists won't feel pressured though... hmm hmmm.

I think if we used it we could figure out how to get the kinks out as we work with it.
    If the forum gets less love than the actual site though, we can move that thread idea to a 'comment thread' on the page, i imagine that could make things more focused to one spot or use the front page for that instead. That way you wouldn't have to click very far to get/ post ideas.

organizationGO xD

Weasyl
    aelyrin
    Oh, this is a really nice idea! I'll add it to the suggestion list.
    Are you thinking about doing this for Weasyl yourself then?

ALSO SCAVENGER HUNT is an awesome idea! Definitely adding!
    I'll give it a shot, but I might eventually want moderators. That can be handled later, though.

ALSO YAY! Now to think of what sort of rewards there could be...
    Actually, maybe people could volunteer? hmmmmm

Or maybe! You could do the account thing, but also a thread. The thread could be for the more real time sketch and idea providing or something? Like a game.... comment an idea/prop (generated or your own), and draw the one in the comment above yours? : O
    I like this idea! But I don't see why it can't also be done in a similar fashion on the main site. Someone could post an image, say what the next theme is, and then either tag someone or someone could claim it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOmni View Post
    true about getting the account running, though i'm sure if this project community really takes off we could get users interested, I've never actually managed this sort of thing with lots of people before but i'd be willing to try it out.

I do like the thread idea, yesss, that way it'd also be a nice place for people to throw quick ideas up even if they don't ever plan to use them. I get tons of ideas i never get to go through on and i often forget about them. M'not sure if that'd be good for keeping it generic enough that artists won't feel pressured though... hmm hmmm.

I think if we used it we could figure out how to get the kinks out as we work with it.
    If the forum gets less love than the actual site though, we can move that thread idea to a 'comment thread' on the page, i imagine that could make things more focused to one spot or use the front page for that instead. That way you wouldn't have to click very far to get/ post ideas.

organizationGO xD
    If you work on getting it organized, you might be able to get people to help mod too. IM SURE it will start out small and won't be any harder to keep track of than this forum has been for me FFF
    And yes I was thinking the comment thing too actually, that would work as well.

I'm sure so long as the ideas don't include your characters or any existing characters, they could work out well!

If you really wanna get this off the ground, do you have any sort of game plan? Like when you'll see about working out an account, how to organize, help you're looking for....? CUZ IF YOU'RE LIKE HECK YA wanna get this rolling I can post it in the under development section and include any Looking For: type stuff if you need help : O

Quote Originally Posted by aelyrin View Post
    I like this idea! But I don't see why it can't also be done in a similar fashion on the main site. Someone could post an image, say what the next theme is, and then either tag someone or someone could claim it.
    This too, actually!! Especially if we're using tag systems. That way it could be either through comments like DarkOmni suggested, or it could be implemented that way through actual submissions. You could set up a system like, say... ... actually, no. Tags probably wouldn't even be needed. You could collect drawings for it to an account, and simply a user would have to go to the collections section, pick the newest submission, and on there could also be a prop. Like you submit a drawing, but also a suggestion for the next person to use as inspiration to draw. And whenever you wanna jump in you could find the newest collection and its prop--or you could use any older ones too??

I'll give it a shot, but I might eventually want moderators. That can be handled later, though.

ALSO YAY! Now to think of what sort of rewards there could be...
    Actually, maybe people could volunteer? hmmmmm
    Lemme know as you move along with it, I'll bump it up on the projects list and if you ever are looking for Mods I can add that too!

Weasyl
    aelyrin
    I could get the wishlist account up and running tomorrow, I'm sure, but I'll have to think more on the scavenger hunt.

And could someone explain to me this Fantasia thing?

I could get the wishlist account up and running tomorrow, I'm sure, but I'll have to think more on the scavenger hunt.

And could someone explain to me this Fantasia thing?
    If you have any ideas for the scavenger hunt I could try to brainstorm too. WOW FORGIVE ME THOUGH I only got uhh 4 hours sleep last night so I am not to my usual mental capacities /dies

Also this explains the pixiv Fantasia https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rE0/edit?pli=1
    I would love to do something like this, but was hoping some people may stop by that could give better examples of past fantasia events : o

Weasyl
    aelyrin
    Hmm, there might be some ideas floating in my head that I could use for such an event.
    But unless I magically attain friends - and ones who would be interested in participating - I don't know if I'd take part myself.
    We'll see, I suppose.

As for the scavenger hunt, the only things I can think of to award the winner would be they get to choose the next things to look for, and they get some free art (worth up to a certain amount, determined by the one offering the art?). I dunno

Weasyl
    ali
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilSonic View Post
    I really like that Weasyl Fantasia idea! I would love to help with ideas on that if that gets started (and I can think of what to add onto it. ). The Commissions list account sounds cool too, but wouldn't it be better as a forum topic maybe? It just seems like it would be a waste of an account with it's just a list and no art.... Well, I guess you could upload a preview art of each artist every time they reopen their commissions or something (with the user's name on the picture) but I still think that would probably work better as a topic on here.
    i was one of the people that suggested it- what i mean for it to be is where people's commission sheets and examples are uploaded and managed frequently by multiple people, until there's an actual group system made!

AAH I'M REALLY EXCITED FOR ALL OF THIS i don't know how well i can attribute my art to actual events but i wouldn't mind offering it as some sort of prize for events though if anyone wanted! especially excited for the oc ball idea and more secret exchanges *u*

Weasyl
    Ringabel
    As for the scavenger hunt, the only things I can think of to award the winner would be they get to choose the next things to look for, and they get some free art (worth up to a certain amount, determined by the one offering the art?). I dunno
    I think those would work out pretty well, actually. It gives people the chance to sort of "be in charge" and probably give more people the drive to participate when they have in mind that they can have the chance to be "it" :0
    Plus people run head over heels for free art, hahaha.
    Miiverse || Tumblr || FA || Weasyl
    Hope to see you around!

Oh, i like this idea.
    Makes it more appealing to be on Weasyl really. :3

Weasyl
    dapper-rabbit
    I've been trying to keep up with this thread and I'm really hoping some events start happening soon as already I feel this place becoming quieter. Could someone please tell me what this ' Fantasias ' idea is, I've never heard of it and don't know how it'd work? :s

I'm also wondering if there's already some contests happening for this cause? If so it'd be a good idea maybe for a place to see current contests (If there is any I'd love to take part and spread the word too) ^^