Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Project Community!

Aaah, this is really useful!

Oh man. Sign me up for being one of the artists who is willing to offer their services for people holding certain projects! ;3; I would love to be more active on a website and community. I'm most certainly going to be following this thread because some of these ideas are fantabulous.

I wish I could remember more clearly a lot of the community art "games" that were on yerf...there were quite a few of those.

Ones that come to mind, was a trading post I think that one was sort of like a monthly contest, where one or two characters could be specified, and then people would draw them, whoever "won" got to pick the characters for the next round, there were rules in place of course to prevent the same person always being "it" as well.

Line games, someone provides a line, then everyone has to make a picture that incorporates that line.

Coloring books, people trade line art with others to color

Style swap challenges...

Secret Santa type events

I'm sure there are more, and I can't remember the details since that was 10 years ago now (I can't believe it's been so long).

When I played puzzle pirates they would also do all sorts of mini "daily doodle" types of things during certain holidays, where each day would have a theme and you had 24 hours to draw/write/photograph/caption something to match that theme. This includes sometimes using strange mediums as the requirement. (I recall one that was a jello sculpture thing lol).

Art "games" in general are fun, because they can be used as ways to improve ones art and critical thinking and stuff.

Weasyl
    Black-Kat
    I'm having a buttload of trouble navigating these forums OnO Buuut I would be happy to offer my artistic services for particular community projects if I have the time c:

I was also thinking about some sort of "Weasyl V-Day Art Exchange" for a Community Event. My PKMN Merchandising community has this annual event called the "Secret Valentine Exchange".

Basically, it's like Secret Santa but Valentines Day rather than Christmas, and Valentines instead of Santas xD
    It's a merchandise community so usually we give material gifts, but on Weasyl they would be pieces of art instead :3

"The big idea for Secret Valentine is to spread some Valentine cheer throughout the community. We want to help you make some new friends and receive a special surprise for a holiday that we can all celebrate!"

Usually the exchange has a "$15" limit rule, but since it would be art here instead, perhaps it could be altered into something like a "Colored" minimum rule for the giftarts or something!

People who want to participate fill out a survey [we would have to alter the survey to our art based community, and again cutting it close here] by a certain deadline and then the host[s] pair people up via RNG.

The Rules also state that people need to have shown activity in order to participate [So that people don't just get and run], but perhaps that could be swapped out to "you need at least a few pieces [made by YOU] in your gallery to participate!

It's getting pretty close to V-Day so it's cutting it a bit close but I thought I'd throw it out there just as an idea! <3

Yeaaaah this is a great idea and I'm totes willing to help in any way I can :> You can add me to the lists of artists an advertisers if you wish!

Also @blackkat, that is a really cute idea! I'm not sure if it would be possible since it is so close to Vday, but it's a sweet idea still and should totally be kept in mind for future holidays! :>

Weasyl
    ArcheKruz
    I would definitely be up for Weasyl Fantasia. I have always loved the Pixiv Fantasia stuff and seeing this happen in here would be just delightful!

Weasyl
    N/A
    I REALLY like the Big Bang Challenge. That sounds like it'd be pretty epic.
    We all have our demons. If we're not fighting them, then we've befriended them.

Weasyl
    Chri

I volunteer as tribute

I would like to volunteer for offering services and advertisement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BlackKat View Post
    I'm having a buttload of trouble navigating these forums OnO Buuut I would be happy to offer my artistic services for particular community projects if I have the time c:

I was also thinking about some sort of "Weasyl V-Day Art Exchange" for a Community Event. My PKMN Merchandising community has this annual event called the "Secret Valentine Exchange".

Basically, it's like Secret Santa but Valentines Day rather than Christmas, and Valentines instead of Santas xD
    It's a merchandise community so usually we give material gifts, but on Weasyl they would be pieces of art instead :3

It's getting pretty close to V-Day so it's cutting it a bit close but I thought I'd throw it out there just as an idea! <3
    Great idea! We could do it for other holidays as well :3

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19

Weasyl
    Fiz
    Gonna pin this thread, lots of great ideas going on here.

Weasyl
    Skahlly
    I also think that the Weasyl Fantasia thing sounds really cool in particular. I'm not sure how much effort it would take to get it happening on Weasyl, but it sounds like something fun to participate in and/or help to happen. As scores are tallied by pageviews, I was initially uncertain, as at that point it can clearly be a battle only among the most popular artists, but it appears that there is somewhat of a system guideline in place to account for that and try to prevent some skew, so that's good--I think either 3 pageview categories as noted in the GoogleDoc or categories determined by number of user watchers would both be effective.

I haven't come up with anything extraordinary at this time, but I'll keep this in mind in the hopes that maybe I'll think up some cool events we could do. Some have mentioned Secret Santa stuff, that's usually pretty fun also.
    My icon was made by TheStory.