Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Project Community!

Project Community!

Project Community!

A thread dedicated to brainstorming and sharing user-run Weasyl community events, projects, and more in an effort to better keep the site active.

About the Project:
    There are many other art sites out there, but it is so easy to lose your sense of self in the masses. Many of them lack the proper safety and sense of community tons of artists strive for finding (as well as a good paycheck). Weasyl, though, has an extremely large amount of potential right now! Lots of people are wanting to make it their primary art home even. Unfortunately we all know the site is a little under the radar still. Many users join and forget to check in/stay active, as well. The goal of this thread is a place to discuss ideas to better help create activeness, a sense of community, and an attractive location for more artists/buyers to join. We are looking to discuss more community run events, contests, and more. I would also like to use this thread as a means for keeping tabs of on-going events and projects, as well as providing resources to those who wish to start something new.

Please feel free to both advertise and plan out your events through this thread! Feedback and suggestions/brainstorming is highly encouraged! : )

Please remember, this thread is for Weasyl events and projects only. It is not to advertise you, or any off-site projects.

Index:
    Section o1 //Welcome
    • About
    • Index

Section o2 //News Feed

Section o3 //Project Center
    • Ongoing/Current Projects and Events
    • Events in Development
    • Suggestions and Ideas

Section o4 //User Resources
    • Users Offering Services
    • Users Offering Advertisement

Section o5 //General Site Promotion
    • Guide to Staying Active and Promoting Weasyl
    • Third Party Projects
    • Weasyl Resources

News Feed
    ✮ Project Community is well on its way to getting off the ground! ✮
    Aelyrin has started set-up for the Weasyl Wishlist, an account to be used as a collective Master Wishlist of users around Weasyl for year-round use. This account is currently under construction, and I do believe Aelyrin is discussing it here in the thread. If you have any input or wish to help, comment here or contact Aelyrin directly! ✮
    ✮ Scavenger Hunt and Weasyl Fantasia has been added to the Events in Development list. Please check that section below for more info! ✮

Project Center
    This is the spot to look if you're interested in any projects! It is divided into projects and events currently happening, projects that are under development and being worked out or posted about through this thread, and ideas and suggestions provided to be picked up and worked on.

Ongoing/Current Projects and Events
    Below are projects currently active on Weasyl. If you would like your project, event, contest, raffle, etc posted, please comment on this forum or through noting me on Weasyl. I will do my best to keep this list active, as well as advertising events and projects through my account.

Project Comment // Constant // Challenge
    "Wouldn't it be nice if everybody tried to leave at least five comments a day on something around the site?"

Conbadge Exchange // Monthly // Art Exchange Project
    "This community offers monthly exchange of conbadges for those who sign up for the round."

Project Boost // Weekly to Monthly //Challenge
    "Every week (or two weeks, or month, what works for you), make a short journal promoting an artist/writer/etc."

Sigil's Free Art Raffle // Feb 1st - Feb 9th // Raffle
    "So I just about NEVER do free art anymore, but I think it's a good time to do so."

Events in Development
    Below are projects currently being worked on. I highly encourage discussion and planning and/or posting updates through this forum. If it looks like a project is taking flight, I will add it to this list. If you have a project you're trying to get off the ground, tell us about it here! I will include information about the project, as well as any "Looking For"s you may have (such as artists, moderators, etc) in this section. If a project is inactive for more than a month, I will mark it [inactive] for two weeks, before removing it from the list and returning it to the Suggestions and Ideas section.

Wishlist Account // Under Construction // Looking For: helpers w/ set-up
    An account to list year-round wishlists from Weasyl users.

Scavenger Hunt // Brainstorming // Looking For: ideas and input!
    Currently working out some pretty good ideas for this (check pgs 4 & 5).

Weasyl Fantasia // Brainstorming // Looking For: expertise, ideas, info, interested helpers
    Read about Pixiv Fantasia here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rE0/edit?pli=1

Coloring Book // Brainstorming // Looking For: Ideas, set-up/organize help
    Providing coloring pages for other artists.

Suggestions and Ideas
    Below is a list of ideas having been suggested. If you have a suggestion, please comment it on the thread! If you see a suggestion you would like to grab a hold of and turn into something, please do so! I highly encourage discussing these suggests and seeing if we can turn them into actual projects! If I see any ideas being worked and put into development, I will move them to the Events and Development section.

• Open Commissions Account (an account to list and keep tabs of people offering commissions)
    • Big Bang Challenge (An event for writers and artists to work together)
    • OC Ball (OCs getting ready for/attending a ball--a collaborative theme/event)
    • Monthly Character Art Contest (One or two characters are provided to draw, winner(s) get to provide characters for next month)
    • Line Game (One person provides a line, participants create an image that incorporates that line)
    • Style Swap Challenge
    • Daily Draw Challenges (usually w/ a theme and possibly for a holiday or with unique mediums)
    • Secret Holiday Art Exchanges (like Secret Santa, etc...)

User Resources
    For finding artists open to helping projects, and users open to advertising them.

Users Offering Services
    If you would like to offer your art, writing, crafts, music, etc for a project, please either comment on this thread or note me through weasyl. If you have a project and you are looking for an artist to provide prizes, project resources, etc please visit these artists and respectfully inquire about their help. Just because an artist is on this list does not mean they are obligated to provide for your project. This is more of an invitation to feel free to ask. : )

Mini // Skahlly // YumiBoxer // Pomchi // Procrastinate // KaleidoCarousel // Chri // ur_msk // Ali // CaptainTigglesworth // Whymzee

Users Offering Advertisement
    Can't provide art but still want to share the word? This is the list to get on! Users listed here may be willing to promote your project, event, contest, etc. If you are interested, please comment on this thread or note me through Weasyl. Just like with those offering services, please respectfully inquire about getting your project advertised. No one on this list is obligated to advertise an event they do not want to.

Jotaku (this offer is a bit redundant, though. I will try to make weekly to monthly journals promoting projects and this thread.)
    Krio // Skahlly // Inkymonster // Chri // Ali // Whymzee

You may ask to be removed from this list at any time.

General Site Promotion
    This is a spot unrelated to Project Community that suggests ways the user can help support Weasyl on their own. It also includes some helpful information and tools to better make use of the site.

Guide to Staying Active and Promoting Weasyl
    If you have any suggestions to add to this list, I will take them!

• Post! Obvious enough, by just BEING on Weasyl to post, it's providing new content for people to work with.
    • Interact! Try to comment/talk with people. The great thing about small communities is being able to connect better, right? So get on it!
    • Offer extra stuff. A lot of people are offering free things, trades, and kiribans they wouldn't normally be open/offering, etc.
    • Make certain content Weasyl exclusive.
    • Open commissions here first, before other sites.
    • Have special, weasyl-only commission offers.
    • Try to make a habit of commissioning artists through this site. Both artists and buyers are equally important in this. Artists wanting to make this place work will do a little extra to make it worth while, and buyers who would like to see this place kick off should do the same with meeting half way!
    • Tell your friends! This is more than just a furry site (in fact, it's an everything site!) So maybe your artist friends would like to know about a new art site and nice community to build up?
    • Have a problem/suggestion? Give it on the forums! There is already a long list of things the staff hopes to improve upon. They are also extremely polite and quick to respond/address an issue. (Props, guys!)
    • Suggested by FancyOwls: Post on weasyl a few days (or more) before you post to other art sites and remind people in the comment of that submission that you are doing so.
    • Suggested by FancyOwls: Post cropped thumbnails advertising they can see the full version on weasyl.

Third Party Projects
    These are directly copied from the Weasyl Project page. These are third-party projects unaffiliated with Weasyl designed to help users transition and better manage their galleries.

Weasyl Resources
    This is primarily to provide site resources, tutorials, and tips/tricks to help better enjoy your stay. If you see or make any tutorials you would like to link here, please comment/note me them! I may remove/combine things as needed.

Weasyl's Markdown Resource Page
    A resource that offers formatting, linking, image placing, and etc codes for Weasyl.

Weasyl Tips by Noiserut
    Includes some off topic and links already provided, but includes some information about using Folders to manage what is shown on your page.

Colored Coding by Nowe
    "Cause we all like having pretty colours right?" - code for colored text on Weasyl.
    Last edited by Jotaku; 02-08-2014 at 12:36 AM.

Weasyl
    Stush
    More sites need to make use of their community to improve themselves! Too often they just rely on a small team to do that, but really, there's a lot of potential in the community that follows a site! Good luck.

Weasyl
    Mini
    Oh gosh, this looks like its gonna be quite the ride up! I look forward to seeing how this progresses.
    I wouldn't mind handing out some art if people were interested. ; 7 ;
    If you need help with anything let me know, haha;;
    NEET coming through, beep beep.

@Stush - I completely agree! The site's staff can only do so much, y'know? It's up to the community to really make a thing flourish!

/whispers also thank you, the not being able to reply to one's own thread until others post thing is a tad obnoxioufsldjf;sdlfjsd

Ughhuu I spent so much time setting up this thread, I really need a mental break for a little bit.
    But I would really like to organize something (like that Weasyl Fantasia idea)
    And if anyone else has any community projects to brainstorm/suggest, please by all means, share! : D

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    Oh gosh, this looks like its gonna be quite the ride up! I look forward to seeing how this progresses.
    I wouldn't mind handing out some art if people were interested. ; 7 ;
    If you need help with anything let me know, haha;;
    THANK YOU MINI, everything is a little vague/rough where this is gonna go for now.
    Did you want me to put you on the list of artists willing to offer art/services?
    (or was that just a general offering for the thread?)

Weasyl
    Mini
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotaku View Post
    THANK YOU MINI, everything is a little vague/rough where this is gonna go for now.
    Did you want me to put you on the list of artists willing to offer art/services?
    (or was that just a general offering for the thread?)
    It was an offer for services! I wouldn't mind drawing for this thread either. <3
    Also, is there a requirement to put your name on the list? As in you need so many images in your gallery to prove you're active?
    I'm super excited about this, tbh. I've been looking for a new art website for a few months now, so I have a lot of hope for Weasyl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini View Post
    It was an offer for services! I wouldn't mind drawing for this thread either. <3
    Also, is there a requirement to put your name on the list? As in you need so many images in your gallery to prove you're active?
    I'm super excited about this, tbh. I've been looking for a new art website for a few months now, so I have a lot of hope for Weasyl.
    Well thank you very much, I've put you down on the list!
    And no, not really. It wouldn't really get you very far if you didn't have ANYTHING in your gallery and offered (w/o a link to other websites of course), but it's not a requirement. So you're all good!
    BUT MAN OH ME TOO
    I wanted to find a new art site BEFORE the whole recent exodus thing that happened. Just good timing with Weasyl here ;v;

Weasyl
    Mini
    Well thank you very much, I've put you down on the list!
    And no, not really. It wouldn't really get you very far if you didn't have ANYTHING in your gallery and offered (w/o a link to other websites of course), but it's not a requirement. So you're all good!
    BUT MAN OH ME TOO
    I wanted to find a new art site BEFORE the whole recent exodus thing that happened. Just good timing with Weasyl here ;v;
    Okay! That makes sense, I was just curious haha. \ o /
    There was another art website that was in beta, but it was invite only-- so it kind of put me off a bit.
    Before I ask or suggest anything I'll need to re-read the first post. uv u;;

Weasyl
    Stush
    /whispers also thank you, the not being able to reply to one's own thread until others post thing is a tad obnoxioufsldjf;sdlfjsd
    It's fine! I am glad to be of service!

I would love to see something similar to the events that go around on Tumblr -- the OC Ball comes to mind! Anyone who wanted to participate posted artwork of their characters getting ready for and attending the Ball. Great place for crossovers, collabs, and the rest!

Weasyl
    EvilSonic
    I really like that Weasyl Fantasia idea! I would love to help with ideas on that if that gets started (and I can think of what to add onto it. ). The Commissions list account sounds cool too, but wouldn't it be better as a forum topic maybe? It just seems like it would be a waste of an account with it's just a list and no art.... Well, I guess you could upload a preview art of each artist every time they reopen their commissions or something (with the user's name on the picture) but I still think that would probably work better as a topic on here.