Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Project Community!

Weasyl
    ali
    np! also you can put me down as willing to advertise events too, in the case of being unable to offer art at certain times ;v;

Weasyl
    QTMelon
    I'll do another check but thank you for correcting that.

I'd be happy to promote exclusive artist materials for people who support the site. I mean if people are interested in textures or brushes. I'd love to put together a resource more exclusive to the community.

Oh, nearly forgot that I still have 2 Dragon's Crown art books I'm willing to throw in for people within the US at least (unless someone else can front shipping for foreign entities) if its something you could use.
    Last edited by QT Melon; 02-04-2014 at 11:01 PM.

The coloring book idea sounds interesting. It could be combined with the daily draw challenge too, or treated as a way of improving line art skills. Any suggestions on where to start? I'd be more than willing to make a few pages, though with time constraints I'd need help from other artists to really make a good selection.

Weasyl
    aelyrin
    I'm not sure how a colouring book would work other than to have an account for people to submit their lines to.
    And then maybe eventually choose several to make into an actual book?

For an account, I think weekly rather than daily themes would work.
    For an actual book, though, it would be cool to have the whole thing abide by a theme. Maybe a story?

Fairytale coloring book? If we found enough artists and picked a story to break up, we could make something interesting, I think.

Weasyl
    Skahlly
    In response to aelyrin's last post, and incorporating ideas from some previous--if a book was made out of some lineart or something, they could be sold for a little over cost of production and that money could be donated to a charity agreed upon by polling : 3 Just a thought! I'd suggest even making them totally G and family friendly, because coloring books can be fun gifts for kids too! That is, if the idea were to be taken to that extent and involved actual printing. -shrug- Just a thought that came into my mind skimming through the new responses here.

Also, I had an idea today about the Weasyl Fantasia thing. It sounds like, due to its previous host site (unless I'm forgetting something I read, highly possible!) that it was mainly about drawn art. Weasyl, on the other hand, is a fantastic multimedia site, so it could really even be broadened! Instead of just artwork depicting scenes from the 'war,' writers could submit written pieces following the theme, and musicians could even submit battle anthems, etc. Depending on how it was organized (like, if it was pretended that there were actually different kingdoms battling and whatnot) there could even be an initial sort of mini-competition to 'create' the kingdoms, where names would be come up with so that the amount of kingdoms and maybe locations on a fake map could be known, but then artists could compete to create a flag/symbol, writers could create a sort of historical/cultural synopsis, musicians could create a national anthem... Really depends on whether people would enjoy doing something as intense as that or not, but, if so, it could be a fun way to really get into it!

As for the scavenger hunt, would it just be looking around Weasyl to find stuff, or actually involve submission of items by users? I don't know if any of you are familiar with GISHWHES (The Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen), but that could have the potential to really wreak some (fun and creativity-inspiring!) havoc. Items were generally pretty crazy and/or silly (items including, for example, a dress made out of bacon, a chandelier made out of kale, a portrait of Shakira composed of coffee beans, etc.). It could be decided too whether items had to be completely real or if in some cases drawings or photoshops could be permitted. In any case it seems like it could be a cool idea, I just wanted to bring up that it could be that sort of scavenger hunt too. Although, having to find stuff on Weasyl would also be a good way to get people looking at artists and pieces that they otherwise may not, rather than just creating stuff themselves, and that's a good thing too! Just doing some brainstorming! : D
    My icon was made by TheStory.

Weasyl
    ArcheKruz
    I just had an idea that is based on the Weasyl Fantasia thing, I think that it would be cool to make a mod/game on the ZDoom engine where artists come together to help build something that users can interact with and enjoy. I am thinking, artists that can make sprites for first person view of weapons and animate them, design and sprite monsters, and props, design textures, and write a story in which the game will take place in. Once that is done, I, or anyone proficient in Decorate and ACS can put the game together, and someone who knows how to use DoomBuilder 2 or GZDoom builder can start building levels for it. It would be a good excuse for me to learn how to use DoomBuilder and GZDoom Builder, though anyone who is more experienced would be more than welcome to take over.

All this, will be based on the world created by the Weasyl Fantasia project.

Weasyl
    aelyrin
    Quote Originally Posted by Skahlly View Post
    In response to aelyrin's last post, and incorporating ideas from some previous--if a book was made out of some lineart or something, they could be sold for a little over cost of production and that money could be donated to a charity agreed upon by polling : 3 Just a thought! I'd suggest even making them totally G and family friendly, because coloring books can be fun gifts for kids too! That is, if the idea were to be taken to that extent and involved actual printing. -shrug- Just a thought that came into my mind skimming through the new responses here.
    Yes, of course! : D

Quote Originally Posted by Skahlly View Post
    As for the scavenger hunt, would it just be looking around Weasyl to find stuff, or actually involve submission of items by users? I don't know if any of you are familiar with GISHWHES (The Greatest International Scavenger Hunt the World Has Ever Seen), but that could have the potential to really wreak some (fun and creativity-inspiring!) havoc. Items were generally pretty crazy and/or silly (items including, for example, a dress made out of bacon, a chandelier made out of kale, a portrait of Shakira composed of coffee beans, etc.). It could be decided too whether items had to be completely real or if in some cases drawings or photoshops could be permitted. In any case it seems like it could be a cool idea, I just wanted to bring up that it could be that sort of scavenger hunt too. Although, having to find stuff on Weasyl would also be a good way to get people looking at artists and pieces that they otherwise may not, rather than just creating stuff themselves, and that's a good thing too! Just doing some brainstorming! : D
    I think it should be just looking around for things already submitted. Otherwise, you wouldn't have to search much further than the main page. Providing clues to users and their submissions would probably be best. c:

A very easy solution to the coloring book:

USE THE TAGS!

Tag your coloring book submission with "coloring_book" and that way anybody can find it to color. That's what I'm going to start doing. I love doing line art, and so rarely get a chance to just do lines! This'll be great for me and anybody else who wants to color it.

Weasyl
    Whymzee
    Put me up as a helper for art and advertising!

Unfortunately I'm not the most forum-active so if you really want my attention, get me on weasyl.