Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Our Critique Feature

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    On a side note, just an idea, could a critique be "rated", so to speak? That is, if many users agree to a particular critique, it could be given say, a gold star, and recognized (maybe even bumped up to the top of the page?)
    Quote Originally Posted by piņardilla View Post
    Will there be a separate critique notes section on the submission, or will it all just use the normal comment system?
    Initially this feature will be pretty basic (using the regular comments, etc) but it's the type of thing we'd like to build upon later. It would be nice to have it more sophisticated right from the start, but honestly our time constraints mean we have to focus on higher priority things until after the beta launch. We'll keep ideas for later implementations in mind though!

Weasyl
    N/A
    This feature seems great. :> Though personally I think I'd rather the people critiquing me be the ones whom I already trust to give me good critique, unless I see that those regularly using the critique feature are actually good at giving critique. I assume that the majority will be decent, but you never know how many of those "this art is bad and you should feel bad" posters are around, or ones otherwise annoying and unhelpful.
    Last edited by FishNChips; 08-14-2012 at 06:03 AM.

Weasyl
    Ryunohito
    I've also noticed looking at the main page there doesn't seem to be a way to browse submissions marked for critique.
    Is that something intentional or is it something to be added later?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryunohito View Post
    I've also noticed looking at the main page there doesn't seem to be a way to browse submissions marked for critique.
    Is that something intentional or is it something to be added later?
    Yeah.. I'm with this, the preview of it shows a "Show More Critiques" button underneath the latest submissions asking for them but there's no way to navigate to a page featuring all submissions requesting a critique.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #15
    Weasyl
    Ben
    The button was there as a placeholder, but the page didn't get finished before launch. We will be adding it as soon as possible though, as well as being able to view all streams, and having a Read More function for news posts.