Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Our Critique Feature

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Weasyl
    Fayv

Our Critique Feature

Last edited by Fay V; 08-13-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Tis' a pretty awesome feature, but will it be limited to pictures or will you be able to ask critique on music, poems, stories or journals?

To elaborate on the latter, sometimes people may be wondering about something relatively important (like what they should do with their abusing family, if they should raise their commission prices, if their cat is sick and they don't know what to do, etc.) and may want some outside advice to help them make up their mind, so I guess that'd count as critique, kinda.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3

Weasyl
    Fayv
    Yes, all creative submissions will be supported with the critique feature. You'll get feedback on artwork, literature, and all other submission types we support, excluding journals and characters.

The feature was not intended for general life advice, but specific submissions. What you suggested seems more fit for journals, and there are always the forums if you ever want feedback or advice from the community.

Weasyl
    Ibuuyk
    Quote Originally Posted by Fay V View Post
    Yes, all creative submissions will be supported with the critique feature. You'll get feedback on artwork, literature, and all other submission types we support, excluding journals and characters.

The feature was not intended for general life advice, but specific submissions. What you suggested seems more fit for journals, and there are always the forums if you ever want feedback or advice from the community.
    Good enough, thanks :3

I love this feature. Critique systems are super useful!

I also like this.

Also, am I correct that this feature is available to those with basic accounts?

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7

Weasyl
    Judicant
    Quote Originally Posted by Apollyon_Unit01 View Post
    I also like this.

Also, am I correct that this feature is available to those with basic accounts?
    You are indeed correct!

Weasyl
    Demu
    Absolutely wonderful. Thank goodness this is a a nonexclusive feature. It will definitely help people get critique when they need it. Thanks again for all the hard work!

Weasyl
    Tiger
    Fantastic feature! I do have a concern, though, which is how the critique is given, and heck, even how it's received. I've always found the "comment sandwich" approach works great with crits, but other people might come of as more brash (not saying it's a bad thing, because honest critique is something everyone can use to their advantage). Or someone might be a little too sensitive about critiques and could get upset and defensive quickly. Perhaps you could leave a note on the page before submission that by checking the box they recognize what they will be getting? Or am I thinking too deep into the issue?

On a side note, just an idea, could a critique be "rated", so to speak? That is, if many users agree to a particular critique, it could be given say, a gold star, and recognized (maybe even bumped up to the top of the page?)

Sorry again if I'm reading into this way too much, but from my experience with administrating a website that had standards of art level that required trying out and being critiqued, I've seen a lot of pictures go sour where either a critic is too harsh or when the artist receives a comment poorly and it all goes to hell. I am all for critique, though, so long as it is constructive but honest.

Weasyl
    pinardilla
    Will there be a separate critique notes section on the submission, or will it all just use the normal comment system?
         
       
    Now,
              let's go play, together...
       
    Together under the
                     clearest of
    blue skies.